05: "Abyss"

They say its been a year, 3 months, 27 days, 5 hours, and 2 seconds since you were gone, RJ. Has it been that long? I didn't know. I was busy building walls for myself; busy trapping myself into this self-imposed oblivion that I hadn't really noticed.

I walk the path we used to enjoy, RJ. This is the first time I was out after you --- I miss you, I miss you so much.

This is the first time, after all this time, that I visited the school where we met my love. As I subtly touch the table where you engraved my name, tears fall. Just like how you've written my name and yours in this block of wood, our memories will be forever engraved in my heart.

Why did you leave so soon? Why have you left me all alone wondering, trying to survive in this world now robbed of your light?

I miss you.

I remember how you whisper my name. Maine....Maine....
I remember all the plans, remember all the years together holding each other's hand.

I miss you so much it hurts; wishing to be with you again
I can't do this anymore.

I walk towards the window and sigh at the sunset we used to love as I remember your smile.

I miss you.
I miss you so much.

And as I take my first step towards the end, my heart finally finds solace on the thought of being with you once more. I close my eyes and smile.

I miss you.
And I can't wait to be with you again.