Chapter 28

Jasmine stood with the other elites in Cameron's personal lab, the only room they could find with no outer surveillance for the time being. Roxanne was in the front of the almost crowded room, plotting down points on the drawing board. Jasmine had arrived back at the compound just before 3am and to her relief, Gabriel hadn't mentioned anything about it. He probably didn't know.

"We can't just march in there as a group of ten people and demand that they release them you know," argued Vivian who was seated on a table, her head resting on her hand, looking bored and annoyed out of her mind.

A few others nodded in agreement. Jasmine agreed with that too. As much as she wanted to get Eluard back, setting up a plan that could potentially kill everyone was not the way.

"I have an idea," said Gabriel, speaking up for the first time in the whole meeting.

"Do share," said Roxanne, tossing him the marker.

Gabriel caught it and quickly made his way to the front.

"Jasmine," he called, directing all the attention to her, "What do their uniforms look like?"

"Why would you think I'd know that?" asked Jasmine, feeling uneasy under the stares of almost everyone in the room.

Gabriel rolled his eyes.

"We all know you've got that psychic shit going on."

"Um, they're the usual Aerinian uniforms, a bit faded but the same red and black," she replied, her voice shaking slightly.

A few of the people in the room still didn't know about that. They all suspected that she was just crazy and it shocked them when she was able to give a description.

"Good, good," muttered Gabriel as he plotted it down, "Do you remember the important parts of the building they're being held in?"

"Yeah, I guess."

Cam groaned.

"You seriously mean to tell me that we're going to base our whole mission on what she says?" he turned to Jasmine, "Jasmine don't get me wrong, we love you, but we kinda love being alive too."

Jasmine kept her head down, not wanting to meet the eyes of anybody in the room. Brooke put a hand on her shoulder for reassurance.

"I see no problem with that," said Castiel, "I've seen what she's capable of and she's pretty trustworthy. Why not?" he shrugged.

Everyone looked to Roxanne next, knowing that her judgment would be final. She glanced at Jasmine before speaking.

"I say we go for it. Right now we only have information from the soldier that escaped and since Jasmine knows quite a bit more than him, I'd say that's our advantage right now."

"If you say so," murmured Cam.

"Moving on," said Gabriel, "If we could somehow get somebody in there to release the captives beforehand we could get them out with as little disturbance as possible. By the time they realize the captives are missing it would be too late."

"I don't think the Aerinians are that stupid," said Vivian, her head now resting on her brother's shoulder.

"We would need to find a way to monitor their patrol patterns, if they even have any, which may I add is, uh, pretty impossible," said Aaliyah, sending Gabriel a 'no offence' look.

"She's got a point," agreed Jasmine.

The room was silent for a moment, everyone trying to think of a better plan.