Chapter 2 - introductions are in order

I can't believe it.  This is so unreal!  Standing right on top of me is my favorite pony out of the Mane Six, Rainbow Dash!  What's there not to like about her?  She's cool!  She's awesome!  She's confident!  She's brave!  She's loyal!  She's everything I strive to be and more!

I've lost track of time as we continue to stare into each other with wide eyes.  Somehow, I have a feeling that we're going through the same emotions we're feeling right now as we keep looking into each other's eyes: surprised, confused, and awestruck.

I know I would have to break the ice eventually.  So I decide to speak up firsthand.

"Umm... hi." I say timidly with a soft smile.

"Uhh... hi." she says to me while bearing the same expression as mine.

"So... do you mind if I get back up?"  I think Rainbow Dash's pupils shrinked a bit after I ask her that while she blushes.

"Oh right!  Of course!  Here, let me help you."  She lends a hoof, and I grab hold of hers as she pulls me up from the crash landing.

"Thanks Rainbow Dash." I say with gratitude.

"No problem.  Again, I'm really sorry about that!  I usually have this really bad habit of crashing into somepony every now and then."  She says with guilt and embarrassment.

"Don't worry about that." I respond with a reassuring smile.  "I'm a lot tougher than I look as you can see."

Rainbow Dash sighs with relief.  "Well, that's good to hear."  Then, her expression changes from relief to shock in an instant as something just clicked inside her head.

"Wait a minute.  We've never met before.  How do you know my name already?" she asks suspiciously with a raised eyebrow as she walks toward me.

Crap!  I should have been more careful about that!  Every step she takes towards me, I take a step back.

"You're not a spy, are you?" she glares with narrowed eyes.  She gets so close to my face, I immediately freeze at her Medusa-like stare.

I have to think of something quickly.  I know so much about Rainbow Dash, that maybe there's something I could use to my advantage.  Something that could stroke her ego.  Wait... her ego.  That's it!

"Well, duh!  Of course I know who you are!" I exclaim boldly.  "You're THE Rainbow Dash!  The most incredible Pegasus who's one of the best flyers of all time!  Not to mention the only one who has ever been able to pull off the legendary Sonic Rainboom!  There's probably nopony here on Equestria that hasn't heard about you and all of your amazing accomplishments!"

And from all of that praise I'm giving to her, Rainbow Dash smiles widely as she holds her chest and head up high with pride for all of her feats I have acknowledged.

"Well, I guess news of my awesomeness does travel just as fast as me, huh?" boasts the athletic Pegasus.

"What can I say?  You're quite an inspiration to me." I admit.

  "Thanks!  Well, since you know my name, how about you tell me yours?"

"Oh, of course!  I'm Ford.  Ford..."