Chapter 21 - Double Date

( OK just so you know this is going to be crazy and also funny if you what you think of it, please leave a comment to what you all think of this story.)

Around 5 o'clock, Applejack and I are walking over to the main entrance of the fairground, which spreads throughout the town of Ponyville.  Each of us are carrying a little money bag secured around our necks so we can purchase our tickets, food, drinks, etc.  Ever since I've stayed at the Apple Family's home, Granny Smith was kind enough to give me a little allowance each week as a way to thank me for helping out on the farm.  I don't usually spend much of my money, so I am glad I've saved enough for the fair this evening.  It's been a while since I've gone to a fair before, so I am kind of excited for what's to see over there.  AJ's pretty excited about it too, and by "excited", I mean that she's completely petrified about her first date with Rarity.

"Gosh, Ford!  Ah'm so nervous about all of this!" Applejack admits anxiously.

"Don't be!" I reassure her.  "You and Rarity are going to have a good time tonight!  I'm sure of it!  Besides, she's the one who invited you on this date, remember?"

"Th-that's true.  But... how can Ah impress her when Ah'm just an ordinary farmpony?"

"Oh yes!" I roll my eyes with a sarcastic smile.  "A farmpony who saves the world on a daily basis and produces some of finest, well-known apple products on this side of Equestria!  Yes, that's something only ordinary ponies can do!"

She chuckles a bit from my sarcasm before saying to me, "Alright, smart aleck!  Ah get whatcha sayin'!  But ya know exactly what Ah'm referring to!"

"So what, you want be an obnoxious, ignorant prick like Prince Blueblood?" I ask with mocking puzzlement.

"Of course not!  Besides, Ah tried actin' like a noblepony once when Ah was little.  It... just didn't suit me that well."  She's probably referring to that flashback when she went to Manehatten as a little filly from the "Cutie Mark Chronicles" episode.

"Applejack..." I say to her with a comforting smile.  "Just do what you do best: be your true, honest self.  Rarity will love you for that.  And remember to have fun tonight.  It will work out in the end.  You'll see."

She smiles gratefully at my reassurance before saying, "Thanks, sugarcube.  What will Ah ever do without ya?"

"Well, you'll have one less helper around the farm.  That's for sure." I reply with a smirk.

"Yoo-hoo!  Applejack!  Mustang!  Over here!"  Rarity cheerfully calls out to us as she waves her foreleg in the air.  Applejack and I see Rarity and Rainbow Dash standing near the ticket booths and the main entrance to the fair.  Unlike the three of us, Rarity is carrying a purse-like saddle bag instead of a money bag strapped around our necks.

Wait... Rainbow's here too?!  I wasn't expect that!  Great, now I'm starting to become just as nervous as AJ!  Well, wait a minute!  Maybe... this could work out for me.  Yeah, while Applejack and Rarity go on their date, perhaps I can hang out with Rainbow throughout the rest of the evening!  This will be perfect!

"So, Ford.  You're here for the fair too, huh?"  Rainbow says to me in that cool, casual manner.

"Yeah, I guess." I respond as I gingerly approach her.  "It's been a while since I've attended one, so I'm looking forward to it."