Chapter 10 - A New Matchmaker: OctaScratch

Author's note: well its time for some matchmaking help time. Oh and I shipped them cause there cute together.

It's been a month since Vinyl invited me to see Octavia's performance.  And ever since then, I often meet up with the two musicians on a weekend at one of the clubs to share some drinks with them.  This weekend, I go over to their house for our weekly get-to-together.  As I start to knock on their door, Octavia appears with great haste as she opens the door quickly.

"Vinyl?!" Octavia says with wide, tiring eyes.  I become startled by her sudden approach.

"Oh!  Sorry Ford." Octavia begins to compose herself.  "I... thought you were her."

"It's okay, Octavia." I reassure her.  "Where is she anyway?  I thought we were gonna hang out tonight."

"Well apparently, Vinyl Scratch is already one step ahead of us!"  She grumps as she turns around to walk to the living room.  I follow her slowly and cautiously.  I have a feeling that something bad happened between Vinyl and Octavia.

"Miss Octavia..." I inquire softly.  "Did something happen between you two?"

"Oh, it's... it's nothing." she stammers as she wipes something from her eye while taking a seat on the sofa.  "It's just that we... that I..."  As she becomes hesitant on what she is about to say, tears leak out from her exhaustive eyes.

"Oh Sweet Celestia, what have I done?!" she breaks down as she sobs uncontrollably.  Quietly, I sit down next to her as I was unsure on how to ease her plight.  Impulsively, Octavia hugs me tightly as she continues to cry.

"Hey, it's okay." I coo to her as I pat her mane gently.  "These things happen.  Everything's going to be alright."

"I don't see how things are going to get better from here!" she responds tearfully.

"Well... if it helps... maybe you should tell me what happened here.  If you don't mind that is." I suggest timidly.  Slowly, Octavia starts to calm as she looks at me with weepy eyes.

"Al-alright.  I'll try." she says with a tearful expression.  I wait for her patiently to begin her story as she wipes off her remaining tears.

"You see, about an hour ago..."
____________________________________
Flash back
"Vinyl!  Please be reasonable!" Octavia said to Vinyl.

"NO WAY!" Vinyl shouted back.  "I am not going to some social gathering where I have to stick around with a bunch of overdressed snobs who would just gawk at me and make fun of me for my lifestyle!  Besides, why would you want to hang out with those rich jerks anyway?"

"Some of those 'rich jerks' happen to be my friends!" Octavia said sternly.  "And I'm going there because my ensemble and I have been requested to perform there!"

"So, why do you need me to go?" Vinyl asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, considering all of the times I had to go to some of your club parties beforehand, I was hoping you would return the favor for me this time."

"Hey, I didn't force you to come along to those parties!" Vinyl pointed dismissively at Octavia with her hoof.

"Oh please!  I've lost count on how many times you've begged me to go with you with all of your obsessive whining and your puppy dog eyes!"
Octavia respond sharply as she imitated Vinyl's puppy dog eyes.