Bonus chapter - Boo-Boos and Kisses

"You know, Tavi..." Vinyl says as she rubs her sore head gently while she sits on the kitchen floor.  "...if this is what's to be expected in our new relationship, I'm gonna suffer permanent brain damage because of you."

"Don't be ridiculous, Vinyl!"  Octavia retorts after putting the battered frying pan away.  "You're too thick-skulled to receive any fatal harm from me!"

"Oh, lucky me." Vinyl mutters with sarcasm.

"Well, thanks to you, I got a major boo-boo right now." she continues with a whine.  "Can you kiss it for me to make it all better?"

"Sigh... how childish can you be?" Octavia says to herself.  "Wait, what am I even saying?"

"Pleeeeeease?" Vinyl continues to plea, this time using her usual puppy-dog eye tactics.  It took awhile for Octavia to resist those precious eyes, but that form of resistance is short-lived.

"Ooooh... alright." Octavia answers as she finally gives in.  She walks right behind Vinyl and sits down right next to her.  Then, Octavia tenderly wraps her fore hooves around her blue-haired lover and gives her sore head a gentle kiss.

"Heh!  Told you couldn't resist my impeccable charm!" Vinyl smirks boastfully.

"Vinyl... don't make me get the frying pan again."  Octavia softly scolds her.

"I'll be good." Vinyl whimpers playfully as she nuzzles her musical companion affectionately.  Octavia smiles gently at Vinyl's cute antics and hugs her closer than before.  As they lay together on the floor in warm embrace, Octavia is bothered by something.  She then wonders how she can address this to her comfy marefriend.

"Vinyl?"  Octavia says to her gingerly.

"Mmm...?" Vinyl Scratch responds relaxingly.

"Do you think... I'm a bit abusive towards you?" Octavia hesitates softly.

"You're seriously asking me that?!" Vinyl chuckles greatly with a raised eyebrow.  But as the giggling DJ looks at cellist, her laughter comes to a screeching stop as she notices how very sad Octavia is by her reaction.  Vinyl hates to make Octavia sad like that.

"No, Octavia.  Of course not." Vinyl reaffirms with sincerity.  "Why would you think that?"

"It's just that..." Octavia answers with sad hesitation.  "I know I scold you a lot for all of your carelessness, but sometimes... I worry that I might be too hard on you.  And I certainly don't want to do anything to you that might actually... hurt you."

Vinyl smiles softly at Octavia's gentle concern, and she eases some of her marefriend's worries by giving her a nice peck on the cheek.

"Tavi..." Vinyl reassures her.  "You have nothing to worry about.  Do you seriously think that I can't handle a couple of smacks to the head every day from you?  Heck, most of them I kind of deserve anyway!"  This helps Octavia smile a bit.

"Besides..." Vinyl continues.  "...do you think that frying pan is the worst thing I've ever dealt with?  Remember when we were just fillies?  I had so many bruises and scrapes from all of those fights back then, I could have made them into a scrapbook."