Chapter 15 - Ponyville Express

Despite how awkward it was when I was sharing a bed with Rainbow Dash, I slept soundly throughout the rest of the night. As I wake up, I begin to notice how my sleeping position from last night is still the same: my right forehoof and right wing are still wrapped around my recovering friend next to me. As for her, she was pretty much the same as before, except she is now facing me while still in a deep sleep. I was startled a bit when I first see her facing me like this. But when I see how peacefully she is when she's still asleep as she shows me her beautiful, dreamy smile, I start to relax on this sight as I smile broadly. It's almost like a dream I was still in, and it's a dream that I never want to wake up from.

"Good morning, Rainbow Dash!" Fluttershy greets with a quiet, pleasant voice as she enters the library.
Sigh... but some dreams don't last forever.

"I hope you had a good night's sle--!" Fluttershy pauses abruptly for what's in front of her: me in bed with Rainbow Dash, who is happily content, as I drap my hoof and wing over her. In this very awkward silence, Fluttershy and I stare at each other with wide eyes, sunken pupils, and heavy blushes.
But then, that silence is about to be broken when it looks like Fluttershy is about to scream. To prevent Rainbow Dash from waking up from this, I quickly fly towards the yellow Pegasus and cover her muzzle with my hoof.

"Fluttershy, can we take this outside, please?" I whisper gently. She gingerly nods in response before I remove my hoof from her mouth. Quietly, we fly across the room and exit the library. And without trying to make any noise, we gently close the door behind us.

"Okay, you may continue." I gesture civilly.

"Oh, thank you." Fluttershy responds kindly. Then, she resumes where she left off by taking a big, deep breath as I prepare myself for an earth-shattering scream.

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" ...I should have seen that coming from her.

"Better?" I ask her with a smile.

"Much better." she responds after catching her breath gently.

"Oh, Mr. Mustang!" Fluttershy returns back to her timid, apologetic self. "I'm so sorry for walking in like that! I had no idea you would be staying over for the night! Hope I didn't disturb anything!"

"Whoa, hold on, Fluttershy!" I wave my hooves defensively. "There's a big misunderstanding!"

"But... you were in bed together..." she continues puzzlingly. "...and you had your wing over her and the way you two were smiling! Oh, goodness! I can't believe I'm still thinking about it!" Upon over-thinking this misinterpretation, Fluttershy blushes greatly as she tries to hide it behind her long, pink mane.

"I'm serious, Fluttershy!" I try to reaffirm once more. "Nothing happened between us last night!" When she hears that, she gingerly moves her mane away from her face as she stares at me with continued disbelief.

"...Really?" she asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Really." I answer firmly.

"Then... why did you have your wing over her?" I staggered as I recall what started this whole misunderstanding in the first place.

"She was cold last night due to her flu, so she... asked me to keep her warm." I admit timidly with a glowing blush. Fluttershy just stares at me funny after I hesitantly tell her the truth. It really is quite uncomforting when dealing with the "Stare Master" herself.

"I offer a blanket to her first, I swear!" I add hastily with my hooves up in the air.

"So... nothing happened?"

"Nothing happened."

"Well... I'm glad to hear that." she sighs in relief.

"Good."