Concussion

Hey guys... I guess there is no reason for this AN right now... I just want to say hi to the people who I appreciate more than imaginable... 🤗

JOSH'S POV

I hear a loud thump. I get up from the breakfast table without caring to scoot out my chair. As I jump up my plate spills all over the table, yet I can't help but ignore it when I know Adira could be in trouble.

I rush into the bathroom and see Adira's limp body curled up in the tub. I grab a towel and wrap it around her body, then I lift her up, carrying her bridal style to the bedroom. "Adira's hurt!" I yell out. "Damn" I think out loud. "Stefanie's in the middle of a meeting and Keon's at the store an hour away... I don't know. Am I suppose to call the cops in a situation like this. Oh my god the twins". I just go on a rant. Suddenly a gust of wind blows in and knocks the towel off Adira. I close the window and move her under the blankets. I sit next to her rubbing her stomach. "I don't know what to do" a tear streaks down my face". "Help!" I cry out... my words barely coherent, broken up by my sobs.

I lay down and wrap my arms around her... I cry for a minute and realize how serious this is. It's been six no seven minutes and she hasn't even made a sound.

I run into the kitchen and grab my phone. 9. My hand is shaking, and the tears are blurring my vision. 1-1. The phone starts dialing and I run back into the room where Adira lay. "Hello, what is your name, how can I help you" the operator says. "Um well I'm not sure what to do. My girlfriend is hurt. She fell in the bath ten minutes ago and she's pregnant and and" I say. "Stay calm sir... tell us where your u are at and I'll send an ambulance". A few minutes later I hear the sound of an ambulance racing down the street and I see it park outside through the window. I run and open the door at the sound of a knock. They rush in and wrap a blanket around her. "Sir, would you like to ride with her to the ambulance?". I nod and walk outside to the ambulance with them.

BROOKLYN HOSPITAL - 1 HOUR LATER

"Well Mr. Fauxgard, she has suffered a mild concussion, and will be asleep for about and hour, but you can go in the room if you'd like" Dr. Jarley says. "And what about the tw-" I start, "The twins are doing great, Ms. Stevenson is in room 624. Do you have any other questions?" I shake my head and walk into room 624. "Damnit, I forgot to call Keon and Stephanie" I mumble under my breath, I call them and tell them the news. I pull up a chair next to Adira's bed. She looks so peaceful. I stroke her head, watching her sleep, just thinking about how our past has been, and how our future will be.