Bless the Broken Road [✔️]

Hayley, since Hope had left had taken to roaming the old werewolf encampment in her wolf form. That's exactly where I found her, I watch as she redresses and makes her way over to one of the old cabins. I know exactly how she's feeling, I can't say that I've taken this any better. I liked to be alone, often reading or drawing but it wasn't hard to see that I missed my kids. Watching as she finds a burnt and melted baby doll from the explosions the sight nearly brings her to tears.

At last, she turns to leave she sees me leaning up against the hood of the SUV. Rolling her eyes in annoyance, I motion for her to get in so that I can take her home.

"Are you ever going to stop following me?" She says in a low voice.

"Are you ever going to stop isolating yourself?" I ask glancing over at her. She remains silent as I drive us the rest of the way home. I'm worried less about myself than I am for her, at least I got to spend time with my children before they were taken away.  Hayley hardly got a day with her little girl, as much as I wanted to hear from Rixton and Rebekah I knew I couldn't risk giving them away.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

But it's when we get home and head upstairs into her room that I realize the extent of her problem. Elijah is in the nursery attempting to put things away, Hayley looking like she's about to fight him storms in there with me trailing behind her.

"What do you think you're doing, Elijah? "

" Welcome back. What is it, the third night this week?" 

Hayley looking extremely annoyed retorts.  "I don't need a caretaker. Hybrids are invincible, right? What are you doing, Elijah? "

"As we have discussed, our illusion needs to be flawless. Now, months have passed. It's the appropriate time." 

"What's next on the "appropriate" list? Klaus and I hold our heads up high and say we're ready to try again? What about you and Reagan?? You've hardly said two words to her." She points at me angrily as I hold my hands up in surrender.

"Don't bring me into this!" I try saying at the same time Elijah tries to manage her.

" I understand this is difficult for you - "

" What's difficult is knowing that Francesca Guerrera is still breathing after she was the one who plotted with the witches to kill my baby," Hayley shouts doing her best not to cry at the sight of her daughter's nursery.

 "You both will have your vengeance, I promise you this." He says his eyes failing to meet mine as they have since we agreed to send the twins away.

 "Well, until then, this is my room, and I'll tell you when it's appropriate to clean it out." Hayley, upset, moves out of the way so Elijah can leave the room. I quickly follow as to avoid her wrath, but I grab Elijah by the shoulder and force him to turn around.