When the Levee Breaks

Spending the night in a dusty old club is great for getting sleep

Spending the night in a dusty old club is great for getting sleep. Aiden had come earlier in the morning will the rest of the pack milled around outside. Anxiety and tensions were running high, when Elijah called and told us about Dahlia's visit to the compound suffice to say we were all scared.

"The good news is that Dahlia doesn't know we're here. Bad news is that we have till tomorrow night to hand over the twins."

"Then I say we run while we can. This place may be spelled but I doubt it'll hold up."

"Jack, think about this Brandon said Dahlia would be able to track the twins magic no matter how far we try to run." I pinch the bridge of my nose sigh heavily in frustration. We look into the playpen at the twins who have fallen asleep.

Adam re enters the room wearing the same tired looked he'd been wearing since we'd gotten here.
"Everything seems good out there, at least for now."  I know grateful for his efforts.

"Sav is still asleep, go take a nap Adam you look like you could use one. Hayley and Hope will be here shortly." He nods sleepily and heads off to go nap in the other room.

"I'm just worried because it's so risky! They're just babies, this isn't fair to them. They didn't ask to have magic, not that they've even displayed powers yet...... that means they wouldn't miss it if it were gone..." An idea hits me, it's a risky idea but if it prevented my children from becoming targets, it would be worth it.

Jackson's face morphs into that of confusion.
"Dahlia can only sense them if they use magic. If there's a way we can stop them from doing magic she can't track them or us."

"But they're just babies, how would we do that?"

"I have an idea.... it's risky though but we may just have to take that chance if we want to run."
Aiden, who'd been sitting nearby on watch duty suddenly pipes up with an idea.

"Let me do it. Look, it's my fault you guys weren't able to get away yesterday."

"That wasn't your fault, Aiden." He looks looks at the two of us anxiously.

"Please, just give me the chance to make it up to you." The two of us lock eyes, Aiden would be less conspicuous.

"Alright then, you have the go ahead."

———————————————

'When will you guys get here? Somethings wrong I can feel it.'

'We can't get away right now. As long as Adam and Jack are there you'll be fine.'

I sigh setting my phone beside me. I didn't tell them that Hayley and I were here alone while the guys made a supply run.

"You get ahold of Luc?" Hayley asks bouncing Hope on her knee.

"Yea but they don't want to draw attention to this place." Hayley rolls her eyes annoyed, but nods her head in understanding.