Dance with the Devil

Lucien

I felt good, understandably Klaus, Hayley, and I had gone out drinking. It just so happened that we happened upon two witches Klaus, of course, wanted to know the whereabouts of the white oak stake. When they failed to find it's location, Klaus let me have at them grilling them about my missing niece and they fail to give me what I want I hand them over to Hayley. When she drags the bodies home we know Elijah isn't going to be happy but right now I don't give a crap.

My sister deserves to know her daughter, the girl is ten years old by now and won't even recognize her own mother.

"You took her on a witch hunt?" Aaaaaand Elijah found the bodies.

"I simply wanted to persuade those witches to locate the white oak stake for me. Lucien simply wants to know where his niece is. When they proved unable to do either, I let Hayley have her fun." Elijah looks to me knowing I should have stopped him. But instead of raising my hands in surrender I simply shrug my shoulders.

"She grows more savage by the day! Can you not see that she is falling apart?"

"Perhaps the problem is your high standards? Hayley is one of us now. Being a vampire only exaggerates what you truly are, and wolves are wild things. She knows she can never live up to the pretty little picture you paint of her in your head. Your judgment only hurts her more. "

"I am trying to help her, and I asked you to help her, brother. And I expect better from you Lucien! You are better than this." And that's exactly the pretext I was waiting for.

"Damn right! And you know what else?! You have been so damn concerned with Hayley that you've completely neglected my sister, the mother of your children! My sister may not have remembered but at least she was better off without you! I am doing the best that I can, protecting my family, my brother who is with your sister protecting BOTH your children and my sister who is the mother of your children and fighting to help your family! So don't you dare give me bullshit on how I'm supposed to be better!"

Knowing as they both look at me that I've lost my cool I excuse myself and leave.

Reagan

"I told you, this place is deserted. " I sigh heavily, Klaus and Hayley decided to drag me out to the old werewolf encampment. While Hayley was being her usual grumpy and stubborn self, I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to be of use. I bent down to examine some tracks in the soft mud, Klaus was right they're nearby.

"No, their scent is fresh. They're hiding." He says as he searches through empty tents. "Which means, somewhere nearby we will find the remnants of your pack."

" ...And then what? It's not exactly like they're going to welcome us. If there's one thing these people hate more than vampires, it's hybrids."

"Speak for yourself, Hayley. I may be a hybrid but at least I'm not a vampire so if we have a shot at this I suggest you pull yourself together." I snap looking up at her, I've tolerated her bitchy behavior for far too long, she forgets she's not the only one who's lost their child. The tension in the air is thick but Klaus interrupts us just as I feel the urge to bitch slap her.

"What they hate is their lack of power. Hence the willingness of their brethren to deal with that witch in exchange for rings! But, she hasn't gotten to your lot yet, so, we need to get to them first and ensure they align with us.'

"Awesome. All we gotta do is find them." Klaus looks to me and I nod, we agreed behind Hayley's back, that should she fail to win them over I had to give it my best shot.