chapter twenty

Dante's pov

I knew I shouldn't have agreed to this family dinner.

I knew they all had one question in their mind.

It's been over a month since Alecia and I officially got together, and a month if living in my apartment.

This is the first family diner since.

"So how is everything at the company?" Mother asked, trying to break the awkward silence at the dinning table.

"Its going great, we managed to close a huge deal with...."

"You know that's not what we actually want to know." Donny cut me of before I could finish my sentence.

"Then what do you actually want to know?"

Donatella rolled her eyes, as if my question bored her so much.

"Are you really in a relationship with her." This time mother actually asked the question she was dying to ask.

"Of course I am." I answered without any hesitation.

My mother couldn't hide the look of disappointment even if she tried.

Surprisingly, mother left it at that. We didn't talk about it again.

I don't know if it's because my father was there or not, but I didn't mind.

She knows that he doesn't like it when the we fight with each other.

God knows he's the reason this family is still going strong, especially with how different our personalities are.

After dinner, father ivited me for a talk in his study.

I've always admired my father; how he managed to lead such a huge company and also raise a family.

I also knew that he couldn't have done it without my mother.

I hope to have that one day.

I sat down in the study that I was all too familiar with.

"I wanted to tell you that I'm very proud of you and all the choices you've made in life..."

I wondered what this conversation was going to lead to.

These praises don't come often which made me a little suspicious. The last time he was proud of me, he was asking to groom me to take over the company.

"Where's this conversation leading to father?" I asked, a bit annoyed.

"Don't get deffensive son, I want to know if you're happy with the woman you're with."

This is a surprise. Never has my father been interested in my relationships.

"I know you don't want to talk about it, but i just wanted to make sure that she's not another Elizabeth."

I stiffened as soon as I heard that name. Why did he have to bring up her name? Three years later, and the thought of her still puts me off.

"Can we not talk about that?"

"I just want to know if...."

"Alecia is nothing like her, she actually has a heart." I said, cutting him off.

I don't want to give him the chance to talk about her.

"If you say so son, I don't want you to fall in love with someone and get hurt all over again."  He said with care.

"Don't worry father, I don't think I could ever fall in love again."
.
.
.
.