chapter twenty-two

Dante's pov

I woke up with a horrible headache which was no doubt from drinking so much last night.

I heard my phone ringing from somewhere in the room as I tried to get out of bed.

I'm a bit surprised that it's still functioning after I threw it in rage when she tried to call me.

Just thinking of yesterday makes me angry all over again.

I found my phone lying on the floor with cracks all over it as I saw the caller on the screen.

It was my Alecia, the woman I am madly in love with.

I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if she finds out about her.

The call went to voicemail as I went to take a shower to get ready for the day.

I know that the time has come for me to tell Alecia everything about her.

I don't how that conversation will go but i can't keep that secret in order for it to ruin our relationship in the future.

I just hope she doesn't leave me because I've kept it from her this long.

I thought I wouldn't be able to fall in love again, but i was very wrong.

Alecia changed everything. I've never been so in love before.

I love everything about her.

From her beautiful dark curls to the little mole on her left foot and her slight Spanish accent that appears in her speech whenever she's angry.

I got dressed as I drove to Alecia's house.

Whilst driving, i couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night.

I went to see Hektor at his club when I saw her for the first time in years. Seeing her again brought back so much unpleasant memories.

Memories that I wanted to keep away forever.

I was beyond shocked and angry when I saw her.

I didn't think she'd ever come anywhere close to me.

"Hello Dante."

She sounded the same, and her looks hadn't changed much either.

I could comprehend why she would even come up to talk to me, especially after everything that occurred between us five years ago.

"What are you doing here Elizabeth ?"

All this time, Hektor was looking at us with alarm, contemplating on whether to say something or not.

He knew everything about her and how she brings out the worst in me.

I knew I could leave and not bother talking to her, but knowing Elizabeth, she was here for a reason.

I know very well that I won't like that reason.

She wanted something and I wanted to know what it was.

"It's a club Dante, am I not allowed to come to one?"

I hated how she was talking to me like we were friends.

"What do you want?" I asked her, cutting right to the chase.

"You've always known what I want so why do you ask?"

I felt sick. I didn't want to be in such close proximity with her.

I got up and left without a word.

It was better for me that way.

Now that she's back, it's only a matter of time before she tries to come between Alecia and I.

I had to tell Alecia all about her, so that we can at least stand strong together, no matter what she tries against us.

I also had to find a way to protect Alecia from her. She can't harm me, but there's nothing stopping her from hurting Alecia when she realises how much I love her.

I was almost at Alecia's house when I heard a loud honk and my car suddenly went out of control because of the force of the truck that barreled into my car.
.
.
.
.