chapter twenty-four

I'm so sorry for not updating in while, but I feel like you guys might not be enjoying the book since there's rarely any comments.

Anyways, here's another chapter, enjoy:)

Alecia's pov

His wife? My brain might not be functioning well right now because I was so stressed out; but I'm pretty sure that Dante never told me about having a wife.

I must not have heard her right.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked her. Finding it unbelievable that she was Dante's wife.

My boyfriend has a wife? How absurd. This stuff only happens in books and telenovelas.

"Let's have lunch and I'll explain it all to you, Alecia." She replied

I looked at her and could clearly see that she was definitely rich. She looked like she belongs perfectly in Dante's world of extreme wealth.

It soon began to dawn on me that she looked exactly like what Dante's wife should look like.

Elegant, poised and gorgeous. Someone who would defiantly look good by his side. A woman his family would approve of.

"I'm sorry lady, but I'm not leaving my injured boyfriend's side to follow a strange woman to lunch." I told her with a straight face.

"This strange woman happens to be the wife of the man you're having an affair with." She replied in a haughty tone.

Seems her true colours are showing with the ugly scowl she has on her face.

"It's yet to be proven wether you're truly Dante's wife or not; and frankly, I don't really believe you." I shot at her.

She gave me a sickly sweet smile before taking a step towards the bedside where I was now standing.

"You're a stubborn little thing with no shame aren't you? Proudly claiming to be the girlfriend of a married woman. You're exactly what mother told me you are." She exclaimed.

Of course his mother knows her. No wonder she never liked me. What if it was true and Dante was actually married?

I would never forgive myself if I've actually been sleeping with a married man.

The thought alone got my heart racing and not in the good way.

I looked down at Dante mentally willing him to wake up. I have so many questions and I feel like he's the only one who can give me the right answers, not the woman standing in the room claiming to be his wife.

"I expect you to leave him alone, have a little pride and walk away quietly. I don't want you near my husband, do you understand?"

She gritted out as she held my arm in a tight grip.

I yanked my arm out of her grip, ready to defend myself when the door opened again.

Are people allowed to just walk in and out of a hospital room like this?

This time it was Donatella, yet another person who hates me.

I sighed as I took my bag ready to leave. I figured with his sister hear he'll at least be safe and not in the hands of a strange woman.

Plus I didn't want to be alone in a room with both of them. I wasn't mentally stable to at the moment to deal with that

I needed to take a long walk to think about everything.

"You're still here. I thought you'd leave once you meet my sister in- law. " Donatella said, with a smirk in her face.

My heart sunk in my chest once she said that. Her sister in-law? So it's true? I was hanging unto the hope that it wasn't be true.

At the back of my mind it just didn't add up. Why didn't she say this month's ago when Dante and I started dating?

Now that he's unconscious and unable to defend himself a mysterious wife suddenly appears?

It just didn't feel right or maybe I am just trying make myself feel less guilty for being with a married by believing it all to be a lie.

"So Dante is really married?" I asked Donatella ignoring Elizabeth'spresence in the room.

"He is, and I believe you've overstayed your welcome."

I didn't miss Elizabeth's smug look when Donatella said that.

"Don't worry, I was just leaving."

I needed to get out of there anyway, so I left and took a long walk.

Before I realised I was infront of my house.

After alot of thinking I decided to not make any rash decisions and wait for Dante to wake up.

His health comes first before this whole married issue.

I still couldn't help but to ponder on the what ifs. Was he really married? And what kind of girl does that make me?

Am I one of those mistresses that destroy marriages?

I kept thinking about it as I took a long bath.

I prayed for Dante to wake up soon as I drifted of to sleep.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.Please vote and comment.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.