Chapter 3: Elevator

Bruno's POV

"I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU FOR THREE YEARS NOW" I grabbed her by the wrist.

"Ah!" she jerked away and quickly ran.

"No, no! Wait! Stop!" I yelled. I ran to chase after her but she was fast as a cat. I didn't give up though. We chased each other around the slightly crowded mall. I was unmindful of any paparazzi trying to take shots of me chasing a girl. We passed through the food court where she ran under table to table and me running over table to table.

"Is that Bruno Mars?" I knew some people will recognize me but I didn't mind.

I saw Brooklyn Girl from a distance just broke a vase at the front of a flower shop but she didn't turn to apologize. And an old woman suddenly burst out from the shop and started chasing the same girl. "Hey, you hooligan! Come back here or I'll throw you to jail!" I heard the woman said.

I stopped for a while and let the old lady chase her. "What the fuck? Someone stole my moment. I was the one chasing her" I wondered out loud. I gave myself a moment to catch my breath. Then my eyes glowed as I thought of an idea.

Hayley's POV

Well, it's a beautiful day here in Brooklyn. Everyone in the mall was happy shopping, eating and walking around while I'm here...RUNNING FOR MY LIFE! I was being chased by an old lady and a hooligan. GREAT!

Running, I reached the end of the mall. Now what? As I got there and stopped, a hand abruptly covered my mouth and pulled me into an elevator from beside. We both lost our balance and fell on the ground. I removed his hand from my mouth and jerked away. To my surprise..."PETER?!"

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Why the hell did you pull me here?!"

"I was trying to hide you from that crazy old lady"

"You punk-ahh!" I broke off as the elevator suddenly moved down and stopped which made my back hit the wall. Puzzling, the door didn't open. "What was that?"

Peter quickly stood up and tried to open the door but it won't. "Uh-oh" he muttered.

"What?" I asked.

"I think the elevator just stopped working"

"...WHAT?!!!"