Chapter 15: Should've Seen This Coming

Hayley's POV

I squeezed my eyes open and found Bruno still asleep beside me on the bed. My lips curved into a smile and my stomach churned at the sight of him.

He then moved and opened his eyes to see me.

"Good morning, brown eyes" I smiled and he smiled back.

"What was that?" he asked grinning as he sat up.

"Um, was that heaven?" I raised an eyebrow and he chuckled.

I and Bruno headed back to the hospital at eleven to see Macky. As we got there, we found Hannah and Harry in her room. "Hayley!" Hannah quickly greeted and gave me a quick hug.

"Hey, man" Harry greeted Bruno.

"Yo!" Bruno muttered.

"Glad to see you guys here" I said and we started chattering.

"Hayl, I'm having a party tomorrow" Hannah squealed.

"Oh... yeah. Happy Birthday" I smiled genuinely.

"Dale's coming! Oh, and BTW, congratulations. Finally, you're getting-" I cut Hannah off by pinching her hand. "Ah!" she moaned and I glared at her. "Okay, we'll talk about it later"

From the corner of my eye, I saw Bruno staring.

"Oh, Bruno! You should come!" Hannah chirped.

"I don't think so..." Bruno answered uncertainly.

"I insist!" Hannah urged. "Please come to my birthday. Please!"

I and Bruno exchanged stares.

Then he looked back at Hannah. "Can I bring my friend Phil with me?" he asked.

"Sure. Okay" Hannah nodded.

The next day, Bruno, Phil and I headed to California to go to Hannah's party held at our house. We reached the party and quickly found Hannah in her beautiful purple dress. "Hayley!" she called and hugged me and then Bruno.

"Hannah, this is my homie, Phil" Bruno introduced and Phil and Hannah shook hands.

The house was packed with party people. There were music and dancing. There were so many foods to choose from. My sister sure had a great party.

We walked in and sat at a table. While we sat there and waited for the foods Hannah got for us, some people started recognizing who I was sitting with. "Bruno Mars?", "No way that guy's Bruno Mars", "Oh my gosh! It's Bruno Mars"

"Can you wear on your RayBans now 'cause people are like staring?" I murmured to Bruno.

Bruno looked at me with a grin. "You heard that? Some people think I'm your boyfriend"

I kicked Bruno's leg under the table.

"Aw!" he cried. "What was that for?!"

I didn't answer but just smirked.

"Care to dance for awhile, missy?" Bruno grinned and handed me a hand.

"My pleasure" I grinned back. "See you later, Phil" I waved at Phil.

"Oh, yeah sure. Leave me here alone... and with no one to talk to" Phil rolled his eyes in exasperation and I just chuckled.

As we got to the dancefloor, the music turned into something romantic. What a perfect timing, I thought. Bruno led me under the disco ball and we started dancing. People began to move away from the dancefloor leaving us alone, recognizing it was Bruno Mars I was with.