Chapter 7: All She Knows

Bruno's POV

I had meal with the two girls. I was alone with Macky at a table, still wearing a disguise, when Hayley was getting our orders. I watched Macky as she played with her new doll.

"Macky, what do you want to be when you grow up?" I suddenly asked to open up a conversation since the moment seemed so dull.

"Me? I want to be a rockstar" that surprised me. It made my jaw dropped. I expected her answer to be like "I want to be a princess" or "I want to be a ballerina."

"Oh I see. That's cute" I answered. "You're too cute. And I envy Hayley for having an adorable sister like you. I have my sisters back in Hawaii but unfortunately, they look like witches."

"Really?" she asked. "But Hayley's not my sister"

"What then? Cousin? Auntie?"

"Over here!" she suddenly called out ignoring me and waving to Hayley who was currently scanning for signs of us. "Mommy!" she tried calling again. I felt my world suddenly spinned.

"M-mo-mo..." I stuttered in great shock.

Hayley then appeared with our orders.

"Mommy!" I incorrectly called Hayley. "I mean, Hayley! Mommy?!" I was stuttering.

"What's your problem?" she frowned as she sat on the opposite side.

"You're a... mother?" I can barely say the word.

"Yes. What's your problem?"

"I-I just thought you two are... sisters or just cousins. I mean...you look so...young"

"I know. So what? You look like you've just seen a ghost"

After finishing our meal, I offered to drive them home. We reached a luxurious-looking house. I walked them to the front. I was so confused when Macky said goodbye to Hayley and went in without her. Then an old lady in her expensive-looking attire appeared to see Hayley.

"Where were you last night?" she asked with one brow up.

"Ah, I stayed...all night at the office" shaking, Hayley answered.

"Or are you stuck in an elevator at the mall?" she folded her arms across her chest. "Answer me, Hayley. Are you the one on news today?"

"Excuse me" I interrupted. "I was with her in the elevator"

"Ah...Bruno Mars" she muttered.

"Yes. It was an accident-"

"So it was an accident too that you two were caught chasing each other?"

"Um..." I couldn't answer anymore and dropped my eyes.

"Hayley..." she called staring sharply at her. "You must discuss this with Dale" she gritted and then went in. Who the muthafuck is Dale?

I followed Hayley as she went out of the tall gate of the house. "Hey, where are you going?" I called.

"Home" she answered.

"What?" I was puzzled. "I thought that's your house. Can you tell me what's going on here? I'm confused. Why are you leaving Macky with that creepy old lady?"

"Shh!" she stopped and turned to see me. "It's complicated, okay? You won't understand" she started and continued walking down the street passing by my car.

"Oh c'mon, Hayley. Tell me what's wrong" I begged.

"I won't. And stop following me!"

"I'll get you home. To your real home"