Chapter 3

"Koji-san, I'm so happy you made it!" I yell at the male in front of me who is yawning while holding the grip of his luggage. "I hope this was worth driving the whole night, (Y/N)." He says as he walks behind me, entering the hot springs. "It was, it definitely was! I found my inspiration! So now we can create a choreography for the next season!" I tell him excitedly.

Tanaka Koji, the man next to me, is my coach since three years. He was once a figure skater too but due to an injury he had to take a break, making it impossible to return to figure skating since everyone's levels grew while he still was on the same he was on before he got the injury. So now this 25 years old man is coaching me.

"Put your luggage away, we'll head to the ice rink now." I tell him while almost running out of the building. Koji grabs my wrist and looks at me angrily while going through his dark-brown hair with the other hand. "Oi, I didn't get a wink of sleep and you want to practice?" He asks me angrily. "Oh, I forgot your age. Sorry, old man, forgot that you need your eleven hours of sleep a day." I mock him, trying to get him to agree on going to the ice rink. "You little...fine. Let's go." Koji almost curses but then agrees.

Normally Koji is much nicer but because he is tired now, he is in a bad mood. Once I tried waking him up, that was in the first year of him coaching me, and he snapped at me, creating a trauma for me. Now I know that I shouldn't wake him up nor should I take away his precious time that he uses for sleeping but today I had to make an exception.

We arrive at the ice rink where we greet Yuko and her husband. As soon as we step on the ice, he waits for me to show him the music I chose. Excitedly, I plug the earphones into his ears and start playing the music. His eyes widen at first, surprised by the different sound. After the song finishes, he gives me back my earphones and looks at me for a while.

"Is this your choice?" He asks me seriously to which I nod. "This is quite...out of character, isn't it?" Koji questions, trying to find nice words for saying that it doesn't suit me. "I am a sixteen-year-old girl who has never experienced love. But thanks to Yuko-san who gave me books to read, I received an idea of it. I always thought that love was calm and beautiful but it's got other aspects to it. There isn't only the innocent love, there is also sexual love. It may seem vulgar but it is just the yearning for being closer with the person you love and I find it quite beautiful. Because I have never experienced this yearning, I want to experience it for the first time along with the audience who has never seen me doing something like this by telling a story to this song. I have a woman in mind. She had always dreamt of love and had finally received it. The moment she thought she had it all, her boyfriend slowly grew bored of her, started gazing at other women. She realised she couldn't live with this innocent love forever, she wanted to be closer to her boyfriend. Therefore she started showing her feminine sides to get the attention of her boyfriend. Her boyfriend finally noticed how much he actually loves her and is happy that she is opening up to him. They continued to live happy." I explain to my coach seriously.

"You've put a lot of thoughts into this, didn't you?" My coach asks me impressed. "I did." I answer confidently. "And because you can't do it yourself, you want to play this woman?" Koji questions. "Yes, I don't have a story myself, so I made one up." I tell him while scratching the back of my neck embarrassedly. "Alright, I hope you practiced some moves because we can't use the ones you have been using up until now." Coach Koji announces as he claps. "I did." I reassure him and start practicing with him.

The two of us think of how we can start the routine. Koji thinks of me wearing a red outfit that shows more skin than the previous outfits I wore until now. I tell him that this would be too obvious and that I wanted to show my change to the audience. After thinking for a while, an idea pops into my mind.