Chapter 9

"How great it is to be back in Russia!" Mila who was on the same flight as us exclaims. I only chuckle at her excitement. "(Y/N), let's go to a café." Mila suggests. "You're supposed to be enemies, remember?" Yakov sighs, having enough of us already. "That's when we're on ice but if not then we're friends, right?" She explains and asks me to confirm. "R-Right." I say as she hugs me from behind.

We flew back to Russia because of the next competition we need to attend. The one in Canada went well though Yurio clearly forbid me to watch his free program, so I had nothing to do on that day besides watching TV. I remembered that Yuri was skating in China, so I switched to the sports channel.

Yuri's free program was so beautiful and it made me realise how much he has changed these past months. Victor was so happy with Yuri that he kissed him to which I started screaming because of how cute that had been. Not knowing if my reaction was normal, I googled it and apparently I'm something people call a 'fujoshi'. Either way, I fully support Victor and Yuri.

Our taxi drives us to the hotel where all the ice skaters for the Rostelecom Cup are. As soon as we enter, I see Victor getting interviewed. I try to sneak around him, so he doesn't notice me. Yurio seems to try the same.

"Ah, isn't that the young couple?" Victor suddenly says while pointing at us. I glare at him as he flees from the reporters who now are aiming for Yurio and I. "Is it true you're dating?" One reporter asks. "How long have you been dating." Another reporter asks. "(Y/N) (L/N), is your theme dedicated to Yuri Plisetsky?" Another one asks.

Feeling overwhelmed by the amount of reporters, I look at Yurio who is still glaring at Victor. "Umm, no we're not dating." I answer the first question. Sadly, I want to add. "Again, we're not dating." I answer the second question. Unfortunately, I want to add. "As for that, umm-" I try replying but Yurio grabs my wrist and walks off along with me. "I'm sorry!" I shout at the reporters as I try to not trip.

"Thanks for rescuing me." I thank Yurio who still holds my wrist and says nothing. We get to the elevators where we see other ice skaters including Yuri. "Yuri!" I exclaim happily, freeing myself from Yurio's grip and running towards Yuri. "(Y/N), long time no see. Ah, Yurio, you too!" Yuri greets me and then Yurio once he spots him behind me.

We three step into the the elevator and press the button of the floor we need to go to. No one says anything, making it an uncomfortable silence. "Yurio, good luck to the two of us in the Rostelecom Cup. (Y/N), you too." Yuri breaks the silence. "Thank yo-" I want to thank him but get cut off by Yurio. "Huh? I'll defeat you without any problems." Yurio snaps at him, making Yuri nervous.

Before anyone of us can say anything more, we reach the eighth floor. "See you, Yuri!" I bid Yuri goodbye before the doors close. "Couldn't you just wish him good luck too?" I ask Yurio with a look of disappointment. "We're both enemies, why should I?" Yurio points out and walks towards his room.

Our rooms are by coincidence right next to eachother which somehow makes me happy. That means we won't we too far away from eachother. "Sleep well, Yuri. You need energy for tomorrow." I tell him while smiling. "Y-Yeah, goodnight." Yurio stutters, a faint blush to be seen on his face.

I enter my room and unpack some clothes, so I can go to sleep comfortably. After I do my usual nightly routine, I suddenly hear Yurio shout frustratedly in the other room, making me flinch. Ignoring the urge to ask if everything is okay, I go to sleep.

.~.

My alarm clock rings, waking me up in the process. Today the men's singles short program event will start, so I need to get ready to cheer on Yurio and Yuri.

As I open the door to my room, I see Yurio standing right in front of the door, looking like he was about to knock. "Jesus, you scared me." I say after flinching a bit. "My bad." He apologises. "Want to eat breakfast together?" He asks a bit shyly. "Yup!" I reply happily as I close the door behind me.