Chapter 7

It has been several of days since Yurio and I have been seperated. The rumors about us dating are slowly becoming fewer but I'd rather see him than getting rid of the rumors. I don't care what others think is happening between the two of us, I just want to see him and get rid of this heavy feeling inside of my heart.

It feels like something is living inside of my heart and it's slowly but painfully ripping everything apart, as if not satisfied with what it has and the only way to stop it is by giving it what it wants. That thing is Yurio, meaning I have to put up with this constant pain for another while since we can't see eachother.

Funny how the person I once hated became someone whom I can't live without. It made me realise how thin the line between hatred and love is. Once this fine line is touched, even only sightly, it can snap, letting the one thing turn into the other.

In these past days, I felt the yearning for someone for the first time, making it possible for me to achieve my so-called perfection between the emotions of the music and the feelings of my moves. I don't have to make up a story anymore.

Yakov praises me a lot, not only for my figure skating but also for my obedience. Never has he had such a wonderful student, he said.

Now that he's satisfied with my short program, he wants to work on my free program. Of course I've been thinking about a song for it. Yet again I found the perfect one for what I feel.

"Liebestraum by Franz Liszt." I say to Yakov as I hand him my phone, so he can listen to the music. In my opinion, this song displays how a person is in love and how badly they want to be with their loved one. As that person is with their loved one, it feels like a dream, hence the name "Liebestraum" meaning "dream of love" in German.

It is a wonderful dream, they feel like they can achieve anything. The song continues until it suddenly gets more quiet, like the person woke up from their dream, making them think they're not with their loved one anymore. They get desperate, wanting to be with their lover until they realise that this very lover is lying next to them in bad, meaning they didn't lose their loved one.

The song expresses how happy one can get while with the person they love and it is quite accurate. I noticed this the past few days.

"Are you sure you want to perform to this?" Yakov asks after listening to the song. "Positive." I answer confidently. He sighs while smiling and hands me back my phone. "Then so will it be. Let's work on the routine." Yakov announces and shows me to follow him which I do obediently.

"I'll make sure to have an outfit for this performance too, so you don't have to worry about it." I reassure him. The outfit for the short program arrived the day before yesterday and I am totally in love with it, nothing less expected from my dear designer. She never ceases to turn my imagination into reality.

Yakov and I work on my routine along with the ballet teacher who he assigned to me. My very first move would be me slowly skating to my right while stretching my arm out, as if reaching towards the person I love. This is followed by a small spin during which I put my hands over my heart lovingly. Then I'd run a few steps on the ice, like running towards my lover desperately.

We continue on my routine until the day passes. Calling it a day, I walk home but stop at a convenience store to buy ingrediences for dinner. I maybe buy too much but that only means I don't have to go buy any groceries tomorrow.

I walk out of the shop with two bags full of groceries. Slightly struggling with carrying it, I try to do my best on walking home until someone bumps into me. "Watch where you're going." I hear a familiar voice. It is Yurio who talked Russian just now. As soon as he realises that it's me, his expression softens. "Hey, Yuri." I greet him with a calm smile which I only show to people who I've missed. "It's been a while." I add.