Chapter 9

This story is on infinite hiatus, and I never want to update it again-

Just kidding! Happy belated April Fools!

Breakfast the next morning was tense. William wasn't talking to anyone, and avoided making eye contact. Harry and Holly didn't show up. Lily and James left in the middle to talk with Sirius, and asked Remus Lupin to stay and watch over the kids. And he got sick of the tense atmosphere in five minutes.
"So," Remus began conversationally to Ron. "Are you planning on trying out for the Quidditch team?"
"Mmph hmph" Ron mumbled, eating the bacon like his life depended on it.
Remus nibbled some toast. He wasn't feeling to good. The full moon was in a week.
"I'm going upstairs," Ron announced after polishing off his plate of pancakes, bacon, and eggs.
Remus Lupin just nodded and glanced at William, who immediately looked away.
"Why so quiet, William?"
William didn't make eye contact, but he did speak. He sounded a little grumpy.
"Mother and Father don't love me."
Lupin glanced curiously at William. Why would he ever think that?
"Why do you think that, William? Lily and James love you and Harry a ton! And Holly too! Speaking of which, where exactly is Holly?" Remus asked William.
"Upstairs."
Remus waited for William to specify, but he didn't say anything else.
"Where upstairs?" He pressed.
"Waiting for Her-my-o-ne." Will enunciated Hermione's name mockingly. He loved to taunt her about her name every so often.
"Anyways, why do you think Lily and James don't love you?"
"They don't want me to be the Boy Who Lived. They're pretending it's Harry, and some people actually believe them," Will sulked silently for a while after pouring this out. "And it hurts: a lot."
Remus didn't know what to say. Sorry Will, but it actually is Harry? Calm down kiddo, maybe they aren't actually pretending?
William waited for Remus to respond, but gave up and spun around and ran out of the room.
"Tell them I went for a walk!" William called, but he didn't turn around, and by the time Remus navigated through the house, he could see William, in his coat, quickly walking down the pavement. Remus sighed and shut the front doors, and turned around; Harry and Ron were draped over the railing of the main staircase, which was wooden.
"Hullo Harry, Ron."
"Hullo Mr. Lupin," the two boys waved. "Is Hermione here yet? She's going to be late!"
Remus glanced at the clock quickly, and then at the two boys.
"Want to help me track down William? He went for a walk, but I don't know where."
Harry was wide-eyed. "But William almost never goes for walks," he protested. "And besides, why should we look for him?"
"Maybe to take your minds off Hermione being late."
"Fat chance. She's our best friend," a new voice came from a hallway on the second floor. Holly walked down the staircase and immediately went for a hairbrush. Her hair looked like someone undid a ton of knit yarn; all curly in random places, and everywhere. She was still in her nightclothes.
"Hey there, Holly," Remus greeted. "Care for a cup of tea?" Remus yawned.
"Sure."
"Holly, should we go looking for William?" Ron asked. "Or would you rather wait for Hermione?"
"Hermione, definitely," Holly set a teabag into some hot water.
"Me too." Ron agreed. "I don't feel like running. Too tired."
He turned to Harry, who was biting his lip. "How about you?"
Harry blinked. "Well, what if William got into a car wreck or something? I doubt he knows where he's going."
The door knocker rang.
"HERMIONE!" Three voices screamed with joy as Remus opened the door to Lily and James Potter there, with a Hermione being fussed over by her father.
"Did you bring your toothpaste and toothbrush? Remember to floss!" Her father patted her shoulder. Hermione lugged her trunk inside, and Lily and James chatted with Mr. Granger for a while.
"Thanks for watching them- wait, where's William?"
"Taking a walk."

Sorry I didn't update in a while. I wholesomely blame Arithmancy homework. We had to use thirty inches of parchment on homework there once!