Prologue

I'm going to tell you a story. It's about a girl, that girl being me. It's pretty long, and if you stick around you're going to be in for a bumpy ride. But personally, I think it's worth it. It's a story of love, of pain, of hate, and most of all, of absolute utter failure. Well, at first. It gets better, I swear.

I was no ninja, and I didn't plan on being one either. I was an ordinary civilian girl living with her father. Well, as normal as a socially awkward girl can really get. I had been in civilian school all my life. There was no way I could transfer, and I didn't want to. I was a lazy person... I still am.

My father was always a hard working man. He worked hard as a mathematics teacher by day, and even harder as a security guard for a jewelry story by night. And all so he could put food on our table and give me a semi-decent life. We got by on what we had, and it was nice.

We were both happy. I went to school, as expected from a child. And he went to work, as expected of an adult. We'd spend the evenings together until he had to go to work again, or until he had to sleep. Life wasn't perfect, but it was good. 

I didn't have friends. The few people I did talk to were better classified as acquaintances. We didn't talk unless there was no one else to talk too, and I was okay with that. I didn't want or need close friends. I was a loner, and that was okay too. I liked it that way. No drama, no crushes. Just me.

I had my life gloriously laid out in front of me. I would finish out school, hopefully get a scholarship so I could go to the public college and become a teacher or nurse. Who knows, maybe I would've met someone like me along the way. Maybe I could've had a normal life. Sometimes I still like to think about how things would've turned out if I'd continued on my path.

Well, something happened when I was ten. It wasn't anything serious, and I didn't tell anyone about it. I was never one to make a big deal out of things. I had tripped and fallen over absolutely nothing, because that's the kind of person I am. Things would've been all normal... only, I didn't hit the ground.

Yeah, no. My face was an inch from the ground, and my feet weren't even touching the floor. Only when I processed the fact that I was indeed floating did it stop. I fell flat on my face. And I'm sure my life would have continued normally if it had never happened again, but it did. Many times.

Apparently there's a prophecy or story of sorts. I don't really know the details. Personally, I think it's total bogus. But my opinion didn't matter. It had been around longer than I had, so I was in no place to call bullshit on it. I was only a kid too. I had no right, and nobody would listen to my anyhow.

The prophecy basically says that there's someone out there that can defy the laws of gravity. Big surprise, that person is me, and apparently I could throw the Earth off it's course if I really wanted to. I was really dangerous, and I guess that meant I had to be a ninja. To, er, control myself I guess.

You're most likely wondering this, and no, I didn't tell anyone about these odd floating-spells where I'd suddenly begin to hover or drift into the air. I didn't want to deal with the clear issue that was there. Of course I was caught eventually, but I'll tell you about that later. But I think the thing that really screwed me over were the ninja who witnessed it. Had they not been there I may have gotten away with it.

Before I start the story for real, I need to tell you all some things. One, I was no fool concerning ninja. I knew what chakra was, how it worked, and what jutsu's were. I lived in a ninja village! And of course we had to learn about it. We were mice, and ninja were cats. They controlled us, and we were to look up to them.

Anyway, back then I didn't know how much chakra I had. I knew everyone had at least some, to keep them alive and all. But for some reason people would always ask if I was a ninja, or if I had ever thought about being one. It was mainly Hyuga's who would ask, and now I know why too.

I have a shit ton of chakra. Seriously, when I was little, if I tried to push some out... I could've blown something up. I was a bomb, and I'm still surprised the Hokage wasn't aware of my expansive reserves. I thin that now that I've told you all this, we can really start. 

This is my story, the story of one very awkward Ethelia Florence Syoko.

~

(Ee-thill-Ee-a) (Floor-ance) (S-yo-ko)

Looks: Dark brown hair that goes down just past her shoulders

Looks: Dark brown hair that goes down just past her shoulders. She has brown eyes with a hint of purple and dark blue. If you look long enough it appears there are stars in her eyes, like the galaxy.

I hope you all enjoy this story just as much as you seem to have enjoyed the others. Ethelia is going to literally be us. Like, you will read things that you relate to way to much, and half the comments will most likely be 'same'.