Chapter 4

Ethelia's pov

Welcome back everyone. So, last time you read, I was discovered. It's only because those dicks exposed me though, made me nervous, creeped my out, etc. Do you ever get really nervous or anxious, and as a result your foot begins to tap or shake unconsciously? Yeah, it was basically like that, but I flew. My visit to the Hokage's office was... special, so I'm sure you're itching to read that. Let's get a move on then, I guess.

You fuckers are enjoying my pain.

Okay, okay read on.

~

"So Ethelia, what do you like to do for fun?" I almost groaned at Minato's question. I swear to God he's doing this on purpose to annoy me. Or to gather info in case he has to kill me.... I wonder, if he stabbed me would I do? Am I like a balloon of destruction that you're not supposed to pop. "Um," I tried to think of an answer to his question. "I like... not... flying?"

Someone end my existence please. Why am I like this?

Minato let out a laugh. I'm going to let him think my awkwardness is actually humor. "I see." He smiled. I nodded in response, my hands clasped behind my back. "Say, what're you wearing?" Obito questioned. I narrowed my eyes at him. Is he blind or just a dumbass? "....Well, you see there are these two items of clothing called 'sweatpants' oh, and lets gaze at this beautiful piece. This here is called a 'hoodie'-" He cut off my sarcastic reply. "I know, but why?"

"...It's Monday." I sweat dropped at him. He is a dumb ass. "H-How'd you do that?" A girl, Saiko, stuttered. Right, I'm in class. I shot her a glance, but I didn't say anything. I don't know how I do what I do... Instead, I just ducked my head, shooting Minato a glare. He looked a little guilty, but didn't seem like he regretted it at all.

He's just ruined my life, and he doesn't even really care.

"I can't believe it! She can fly!" Ryuki said loudly. Many of the girls present nodded profusely, agreeing with him to try and get on his good side. A few boys did too, wanting to be "cool" I guess. "Yeah, she can fly." Someone said in slight awe. "Is she an alien?" Another questioned. "I don't think she is. Maybe she's part of a clan." It was the the "smart kid" who said that. At least they aren't afraid.

"Okay," I spoke up louder than I ever have before, surprising a few of my fellow classmates. I turned to Minato with a dark look. The man looked a bit nervous, like I was about to shank his ass. And let me tell you, that is a tempting thought. "If we're going to leave, then we leave now. If not then I'll just stay right here in my desk, wallowing in self-pity in depression. Your call."

Minato sweat dropped at me but nodded anyway. "Alright, let's move out, team." He told his three students. They all nodded silently. "Aren't you going to stay longer?" A girl whined, glancing at Kakashi. He's probably a chick-magnet. Skilled, quiet and mysterious. Just the sort of person I hate! I can tell we'll get along great, with mutual dislike and a hate for people! Yay!

"Gomen, but we have to take Ethelia here to see the Hokage." Minato apologized sheepishly. The entire class began to whine, because I guess someone fucking flying isn't a very big deal. But I was once again invisible, thank God. And I was able to stand there and calm down a bit as Minato and the Mr. Naistro fought to keep the class calm and quiet. Rin and Obito stared at me subtly, curiosity clear in their eyes. Kakashi didn't even try to hide it. He just openly observed me. I flipped him off. He didn't care.

"You're weird." It was that Obito kid, the one in the ugly track suit, who had spoken. I blinked at him boredly. I don't care about his opinion, but I guess that isn't too clear. "Says the boy with huge-ass goggles on his head." I retorted. He blushed in embarrassment, bringing his hands up to fiddle with them self-consciously. I snorted lightly, grabbing my bag and the piece of notebook paper I'd doodled on. 

I rolled my eyes when Obito blushed harder at Rin's giggle, moving my gaze to the window. I focused on keeping my feet planted on the ground, faintly hearing Obito and Rin start a conversation, but not actually listening to what they were saying. Kakashi kept staring, but even more intensely. I think he's trying to intimidate me, and it's low-key starting to work. I can feel his eyes burning holes in the side of my head.

I turned to look at him, raising an eyebrow. He didn't bother looking away, and instead opted to stare right into my eyes. Fuck. My anxiety began to kick in as I stared straight into those endless black pools, but I couldn't bring myself to look away from him. He'd think I was a pansy, and I'm no pansy. Fight me, trained ninja who probably owns like, fifty knives! 

"Alright you four, let's go." Minato smiled down at us. The class, which Minato had worked so hard to silence, began to whine all over again. Minato didn't bother with them this time. I followed after Minato and his students, not bothering to give my sobbing classmates so much as a wave. They're acting as though they actually knew me, and like they're going to miss me. But I know that isn't true. They're only doing it because it makes them look like they cared, like they're kind and caring, like they're friendly. I spared them a glance, but nothing more. We grew up together, but they're strangers to me.

We were all silent as we walked down the cold, empty halls. The only sound echoing through the long corridors was the sound of our footsteps tapping along the ground. And it sort of sank in right then in there, as I was walking towards the exit. My life was never going to be the same again. It was forever changed, never to be normal again. Never to be ordinary again. And all because I had lots of chakra, and because I could defy the laws of gravity. 

I sighed a little. My life is, or it was, so simple. I can really never go back now that I'm caught. even if this whole thing dies down and the Hokage and Minato do let me come back to school, nothing will be the same. Everyone will see me differently. All focus will be entirely and totally on me because I left. I met the Hokage, and got to chat it up with a famous ninja. I can fly, and I have lots of chakra. They would see all that, and not me.

"Alright, one of you sorry losers is carrying my ass up those stairs. Blondie, you're buying me food." I told them bluntly. I can't change what's already happened. I can defy gravity, not time. So I'm just going to have to roll with it. And if I can get free food along the way and a free ride hp one nasty string of stairs, I'm going to take them both with open arms.