Chapter 25

2352 words long excusing any notes XD WHAT AM I DOING AHHHH

Ethelia's pov

The parents got back later than they were supposed to. I didn't blame them. They were in awe when they realized, despite the late hour, that all three of their children were asleep. Apparently the one year old I had been stuck with at first was the worst of the batch so I have no idea what he was doing. Maybe Minato or Kakashi drugged him when I wasn't looking. That's something shady they'd do.

After running away from Obito, yes, I literally ran, I began to walk home. He wanted to walk with me but I ain't about that life. I want to be alone. The dolt seems to think we're friends, and it's really sad. Maybe me willingly exerting mass amount of energy by sprinting away will get the message over to him. If not, I don't know what else will.

It was pretty late, but I'm not sure how late. I just know that it's dark as shit and there's nobody really walking around. It makes me think that maybe I should have brought Obito. That way if there was some sort of murderer or mugger, I'd have someone to sacrifice. I want to die and all but getting murdered on the street is like, the lowest way to die.

"Ethelia." I heard a voice say. I kept walking. I'm literally thinking about how being killed my a murderer would be low and now there's one here. I don't even have a sacrifice either! This is just my luck. Story of my damn life. I'm going to die in a hole now, if you don't mind. Someone dig it for me, I'll be there soon.

"Ethelia!" A hand grabbed my wrist and I whirled around, ready to headbutt the ever living shit out of whoever grabbed me. But I paused.

It was that kid from my class, Ryuki Taki. The popular one that got all the girls giggling every day. He was the most popular guy in class. With deep brown hair and bright blue eyes, and a tall, built stature, girls find him attractive. I sort of think he's absolutely revolting. I can't believe I didn't realize it was him. What, with a cologne smell so strong. 

"What the hell? What do you want?" I pulled my wrist away, my eyes narrowing. What if this is all some huge plot twist and he's the killer? I wouldn't be surprised. The one everyone thinks they know always turns out to be the most twisted on the inside. 

"I haven't seen you at school since those ninja took you." He ran a hand through his hair, and oddly, it didn't mess it up. I stared blankly up at him. Does he care? We haven't talked since like the third grade, and even then he barely knew I existed. The point is, we've never interacted in class. We didn't wave to each other, or even say hello. I didn't even force myself to look at him.

"Uh huh. Interesting. Glad you noticed. Bye now." I turned around, but I was grabbed again. Well, cool. Looks like he's getting his arm cut off. May as well take Obito's too while I'm at it, seeing as I'll be going to the trouble. 

I pulled away, turning again. What does he want? "What happened? You were removed from the role and nobody knew anything. People have forgotten now, but I haven't. I still remember." He said in almost a coaxing voice. I raised my eyebrows at him. If I say I feel threatened, can I kill him in self defense? 

"It's none of your business. I don't know why you came and found me. We aren't friends." I waved him off. I'm really tired and would like to sleep, thank you, goodbye. Today was not my day. I had to get up early, run, eat lunch on the fly and then take care of a load of brats.

"Well what if I want to be your friend?" He smirked at me. I snorted. What a fucking loser.

"Sorry, you're out of luck. I don't care about you, your wants or your life, and I don't want friends." I'm just gonna give it to him dry so he'll leave faster. Plus, he looks so taken aback now that I feel the urge to laugh. He thought he could charm me or something like that. Boys can get so cocky. That's not to say girls can't, but they're more likely to chase a boy than to have a boy chase them.