Chapter one

I wake with my back against the icy, metal walls of the loading bay. Questioning and confused I look around my to see my family, standing around me looking down.
"What am I doing here? Mom?!" Kneeling next to me, her arms started to wrap around me like a blanket and I feel her warm embrace.
"Mom what is going on, where are we going?" Her sympathetic eyes bear into me I know something big is happening, and I won't like it.
"Honey, You need to, no, we need to.." I pull away disgusted at what might come out of her mouth next.
"You're everything to me, and we won't lose each other." Tears start flowing and we lock eyes.
"Darling, you'll be amazing! Heart of a hero, don't I always tell you? Don't worry about me, not for a second. I'll be safe here like we always were."
"Mom, I still don't understand," I stammer, with a heavy crack in my voice. In absence of her voice there is nothing to keep me from crying.
"Astra, you're going to be trained! You'll do shows, you'll be a show girl! You'll be living the dream!" She exclaim. As she takes me in her arms, I sob.
"Mommy, my dream is to be a captain. Not a show girl." With tears in her eyes,
"Astra, you're only seven. They'll treat you well! And," She gathers strength, "I bet one day you'll have a great family of your own to feed you, play with you and love you." With her soft fingers wiping my tears away, she gushes.
"I will ALWAYS love you baby girl, just remember, you'll forever have someone in your corner all the way across the galaxy" She leans over to brush my mess of brown waves off my forehead, and gives a little kiss.

That was the last time I would see my mother in this life, well as far as I was concerned.
The Capricornic family that once owned me had me shipped me out in a luxury pod, which I payed little attention to. This pod had unchangeable (I checked) coordinates for the big place that started this big mess. With that I was whisked away to the newest and biggest human centre to date.
I feel asleep, zooming through space.

~~~~~

"ONE HOUR, ONE HOUR BEFORE DESTENATION HAS BEEN REACHED"
I rub my tired eyes, and groggily search for the voice control on a panel an arms length away. Ahh, got it. 'Click'
"Please make me a, umm, grilled cheese and milk. Oh! And make it one percent!" Switching off the voice control, I lumber over to my blanket and pillow I had set up on the couch and start to pack it into my small bag of belongings.
"GRILL CHEESE AND ONE PERCENT MILK GENERATION COMPLETE"
I drop my bag, my goodness! Jumpy are we? Sombrely I pick up my bag and sit, pulling out all my things, my very favourite fuzzy stockings, and a stick of digital pictures. 'Click'
"Show these pictures!" Sliding the stick into a slot in the wall, I get comfy with my grill cheese and milk.
"SHOWING CONTENT OF DIGITAL DRIVE" Arrays of pictures appear on the screens all around me. One of Nola and Raphial playing with me and my mother, and many pictures of my mother and the Capricornics fawning over me as a toddler. Pictures fly left and right,
"ENTIRE CONTENT SHOWN"
Switching my attention to the front window, I look to the space that engulfs my space pod. Black wall, stars splattering its surface. The human centre, my new home catches my eyes. 'Click'
"Is that my human centre?" ...Processing... My answers appear on the screen. 'Cosmic inc, ignited 5:961, currently most successful, and
large station to date. Astra of the Capricornic family has been sold to the xtonic sector for training.'
"PREPARE TO DOCK IN T MINUS TEN MINUTES" I take the stick out of the wall and shove it into my pocket, with my bag on my back my pod sides into the dock. My welcome to the centre was the hum of the airlock system.

Well that was my first chapter, I hope to have new chapters out regularly! Please comment what you thought about it and keep reading!
-That's all for now!