Chapter six

I wake this morning on time, without the help of Comet. Not that he seems to care, he doesn't drop in as he does every morning.

I step into the grooming area, searching for him.

"Little miss Astra, I'm ready for you." I slowly walk towards Daharia's office. Grasping at any figure that might be Comet's, it's too late, she shuts the door and it's just me and Daharia. "Okay! Time to get washed up!" She turns the nozzle on the standing tub with a counter built around it. I undress and ease into the warm water, it feels good. Daharia takes my two uniforms and puts them into the cleaner-steamer, "So honey, a hair cut, nails, wash and hair removal." I laugh,

"So the usual then?" Daharia busies herself getting the shampoo, body wash and lofa. Sitting down behind me, she starts to massage my scalp combing as she cleans. My thoughts go to Comet, tall, muscular build with short brown hair. With Genietonia being groomed too.

Rinsing the shampoo out of my hair, she fetches a bucket to place beneath my tilted head.

"Time for the cut! Only a trim, your long hair is so, so?" I can already hear the word.

"Cute?" I suggest,

"Yes! Honey, that's it! Do you know you were blessed? You have the most beautiful brown-red hair I have ever seen! Never let a groomer dye it, it would be a big mistake!" She keeps on about me and my body, it's not that I find her boring. I genuinely like her, I just have him on my mind. "Hand!" I jump at the sound of her voice, pulling the plug on my thoughts.

"Pardon?" Daharia nods to my hands, floating shakely in the water. "Op, sorry" I remove my hand from the soapy bath water and place it on the counter. Just a simple manicure as per usual. I plunge back deep into my thoughts, hoping never to come up for air again. Time passes and it's the end of my grooming session, gone like that. Getting into my close I notice that Daharia is in her little desk, digging for somthing.

"Ahh, her it is!" She sighs, pulling a beautiful necklace, covered in rinestones. I smile as she moved over to clasp it around my neck. "Thank you so much Daharia!" I exclaim, she pulls me in for a hug. As alway the Pemba's will take every excuse to get their hands on us.

"I just want you to know you're my favourite human! I'll ever seeing you cutie!" She whispers, on my way to my first class I see Comet walking down the hallway. I rush to catch up with him and finally I'm here, standing right behind him. What should I say? I tap his shoulder,he turns. Dang it! Why'd I have to do that.

"Um, Hi!" He flashes a fake smile, that was cold. "Hey seriously!" I grab his shoulder and turn him to face me in the crowded hallway. Our eyes are so close, an inch apart. "We need to," I start, staring into his eyes. "We need to," another failed attempt. I lean in close and state quietly, "We need to forget this whole thing happened." He says nothing, and keeps staring at me. "Okay?" I snap, he blinks hard and nods, smiling.

"I never noticed how cool the colours in your eyes are." I'm blushing, was that a compliment?

"Thanks?" I laugh nervously, wow. That had never happened before.