Chapter five

"Soo.." Comet leads, as I'm pouring some dried apricots into two bowls.

"Soo.. my idea is great! As they all are, and you are going to help me." I grin, very impressed with myself.

"Is that a fact? Well, you've already dragged me here, are you going to tell me what it is or not!" I stroke my chin with one hand as if in deep thought.

"Well I might as well." Climbing onto my bed, I hand comet a bowl.
"I was thinking and.." Comet cuts me off,

"That's never good." He scolds playfully,

"Do you want to hear it or not?" He nods and I continue, "We should sneak onto the business deck that handles all the buying and selling of humans and send an add out! Someone could buy us! We could have our own family to play with us and feed us!" When I look to Comet his mouth is a gape and he stops to think.

"No way, to risky" I scoot closer and lean in,

"Come on, if we get caught we could just... um. Tell them that we are looking for our groomers. We have to go every second day anyway. It'll be fine."

"I don't know, Astra. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight."

"Goodni-" He slams the door behind him, I can tell isn't exactly over the moon about track of thought.
As I tuck myself into bed i think to myself,
"Tomorrow will be better."
Tomorrow will be better.