Chaptet eight

"Just because you are dumb and cute, doesn't mean you can worm your way out of work and punishment!" All the humans from sector Xtonic squirm in front of our new trainers, placed in a strict line. "Get used to being treated like the grown humans you are because we won't be babying you all any more!" No one can argue that point, the new training squad is menacing and defiantly intimidating. "A new centre has been opened across the station, designed specifically to help you win contests. Lucky you." The pink female yells over the constant buzz of the machines. "We are starting immediately, so get your new uniforms and get to it!" We are dismissed, no longer allowed to wander aimlessly through the hallways, I head to my room.

"ALL HUMANS OF SECTOR XTONIC MUST REPORT TO GROOMING STATIONS IMMEDIATELY" Another announcement blares over the speakers, sighing I tuck my new uniform under my arms I 'Immediately report to the grooming station'.

~~~~~

"Honey!" Daharia gives me a tight squeeze, "you're starting your training! I can't wait till you become a big star! You know what? I'm going to call you my little nebula, because you're so beautiful and you' ll shine big and bright one day!" As I take off my old uniform I hand Daharia my set of new ones. "These will look adorable on you," she gushes, picking over my new black spandex outfit. "Go on and get in the bath, honey." I slide in as Daharia skips the wash and cut and goes straight to tying my hair into an elaborate braid. "This should hold!" She exclaims as she gives my hair a final tug.

"Owe!" I complain, Daharia takes my hand in hers.

"Oh, I really didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry, you humans are so fragile. You know that? It's a wonder how the human lifespan is as long as it is." Taking my close out of a machine, she admires them once more before drying me off and
helping me put them on.

"Wow" I can't help it. When I stand in front of the camera that's all I can say, looking at myself. With an all spandex agility suit complete with gripping shoes and a hairdo.

"Wow is right! Well? Get moving!" She shoes me out of her office, "Don't want to be late!" With that, she shuts the door.

~~~~~

"Comet! Comet, You look great!" I exclaim, with new black spandex sweatpants and black spandex tee shirt he stands grinning in front of me.

"I can definitely say the same to you, Wow." Blushing, I give him a little push.

"That's what I said! Is that a new hairstyle?" I question, changing the topic. He nods and we nervously make our way towards the training centre.

We are hurriedly rushed inside by a teen boy and a girl in matching suits, visors concealing half of their long faces.

"Wow! This is so neat! I've never seen a human in real life before!" The boy says to his partner behind us. "I just want to eat them up!" They both giggle.

"This one is so cute!" Grabbing my shoulders and lifting me to face her. I didn't now Pemba were that strong. "What's your name?" She asks in a high pitched voice.

"Um, Astra?" The boy hits the girl in the stomach, and starts to push us along.

"We can't interfere with their learning," interrupting, I stop in my tracks.

"Oh no! Interfere all you want!" They shake their heads, laughing.

"Come on honey, your first stations are the ropes." The boy nudges until we are standing at the base of a rope ladder. "You're shared trainer will be arriving soon, these exercises are to build your strength for the contests you will compete in."

"And these aren't even the things you'll compete with. The actual games are behind that wall!" The girl adds pointing to the far wall, across the room. "We' be over there," they leave for the huge group of careless Pemba's in the centre of the room, essentially partying on their first day of work.

"Hey! I'm your trainer, Quinton and I'll be helping you achieve your dreams!" I sigh, turning to face a tall, muscular Pemban man in a light blue training suit. Glancing around, trainers in blue suits are seeming to pop up everywhere. How is her to help me to achieve my dreams if they are to fly carelessly around the galaxy, and find my mother? Either way, I flash a fake smile and slide towards Comet. "We must start with your names." He continues in a strange accent,

"My name name's Comet and this is Astra." Comet belts confidently. Quinton nods and starts off again.

"Well Comet and Astra, you are to climb this ladder up and then climb back down. I will be deciding what type of show humans you'll be, therefore what exercises and drills you'll be doing. So get going!" Cautiously, Comet clings onto the diagonal ladder and starts to climb.

The ladder swings back and forth from the switching of his body weight. Painstakingly, he only makes it halfway up just to fall onto his back. Hitting the ground with a loud smack.

"Unacceptable!" Quinton yells, Comet lets out a long groan as I help him from the floor. "You all are weak, I visited a training colony from earth. They were all stronger than you." I snort, and Quinton shoots me a look. "YOU ARE UP!" He screams, with my hands in surrender position and mount the ladder. "You both will do this till you can climb up and down in sixty beeps. Since it's your first time, once you complete that goal we'll be finished." He claps his hands.

"CHOP CHOP"

Sorry for the short chapters, longer ones coming up! That's all, thanks for reading though! Peace out!