Chapter three

"Astra, you're going to be late!" His voice brings me out of a perfect dream, "You can't avoid our classes, they'll find you!" I grin as my pillow is sent flying into his face,

"Do I have to get up?" I groan, he smiles.

"Yes, I brought you an apple. I knew you wouldn't be up in time" He laughs, I walk to the bathroom and pull on my uniform. A skort, and a blouse. I brush my teeth and wash my face.

"Comet, what I wouldn't give for a comfortable pair of pants." I complain as we make our way out the door, "What impossible class do we have next?" I ask as I munch on my apple,

"Pronunciation class..." He shrugs, new class on the schedule. We walk through large groups of Pemba, all waving and greeting us with high set voices. "Anyway, this map says the class is riiiiigt," he pauses, pointing to many doors settling on one in front of us. "There?" We giggle and open the door.

"Come on in! You little cuties! Have a seat in the front," We sit on the floor, along with some familiar faces. "Okay, since you are now sixteen you will be learning how to speak the Pemba native language! Ooh! How exciting!" She squeals. "Okay, so the words in our language are not necessarily easy to form from the mouths of humans. So we will be working on one phrase for many classes till we all get it down."

Forget about words not being easy, they're SOO HARD. This class went just as slow as the others and nobody was making any progress. The bell couldn't have rang sooner.

"Well, that class was useless," says Comet as we walk into the feeding room,

"Ehh, they're all pretty equal in my books. I mean who thinks I would be a good show girl?" Comet snorts,

"I think you'd be a great one if you had the motives."

"Yeah right!" I give him a playful punch and we dig in. "You know what?" I start between mouthfuls, "We" he looks up, "Should get adopted together!" He smiles.

"Astra, I doubt some nice alien is out there looking for a snotty, teenage girl and an excitable teenage boy. Either way, there are about a thousand of us on this ship." For a second he seems almost sad, "What are the odds?" Hmm, odds.

"Comet, meet me in my room after your classes finish. I have an idea."