bruises

You blushed and opened the door for Gerard. He grinned at you and walked into your apartment, looking at it all. "Nice place." He said to you. You blushed deeper and said, "Thanks, it's my pride and joy." He laughed and you mentally face palmed yourself. He went over to your coffee table an looked at the comics on it, then at you and cocked an eyebrow. "You like comic books?" He pondered. "Umm, Yeah" You responded nervously.

"I do too. Well, I mostly look at the art."

"Really? Me too! I'm actually a part-time artist at Dark Horse Comics."

"Oh. That's strange." He cocked an eyebrow at you. "So am I."

"Well I just got hired, like a day ago. I start on Tuesday."

"That's cool. I've never really met someone who was as interested in art like me." He replied as to he sat on your couch.

You smiled and sat next to him. "Frank isn't interested in art?"

"Nah, that loser likes music more. He's a tour manager for a few bands."

"Oh. Well is Dark Horse planning on doing something for ComicCon this year?"

"No, but I still want to go. I think it's fun."

"Oh. Maybe we can go together or something."

"Yeah." Gerard said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh crap. I need to tell Ithaca what days I work at Dark Horse."

"Is Ithaca your sister or something?"

"Oh no. She's just my friend. Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

"Yeah. My little brother Mikey. I love him to death, but sometimes he's a pain in the ass."

"Oh. I grew up with my sister Bri, but she died in a car accident a few years ago."

"Oh I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

Gerard scooted closer to you. You blushed at his warm smile. He put his hand up to your head a softly dragged his fingers over your bruise. "What's this from?" Gerard whispered. You could feel his warm breath on your neck.

"Oh. I was just being clumsy and  running around. I tripped over the carpet. I'm fine. It doesn't hurt that much. He laughed, and you saw his eyes light up.

"Are you bored? Cause I'm bored. We should go get some food or a drink at least." You were worried. Am I boring? Did I do something wrong? Pushing your worries aside you nodded and said, "Yeah, we should go get some food."

When you got to the little Chinese restaurant Gerard looked pleased. "I love Chinese food. Good choice." You smiled, glad you did something right. You went inside and ordered a table for two. You and Gerard were seated in a booth, where you sat across from each other. A server came over and asked you what you guys wanted to drink. "I'll just have a water." You said quietly.

"I'll have a coke." Gerard said after you. The waitress sneered and walked away.  Gerard looked at you and said, "You know Frank doesn't think I should go out with you." Your heart sank.

"But frankly I don't care." He finished.

All your doubts melted away at that second and you laughed, Gerard joining you a moment later. "Why doesn't Frank want you going out with me? Did I do something wrong?" You asked Gerard.

"Oh no. He just doesn't want you occupying all my time, but that's only because he doesn't have a girlfriend to hang out with."

"Oh." You said as you laughed nervously. He winked at you.

"So, what are you going to get to eat?" You asked him.

"Probably some beef pot-stickers. How about you?" He responded.

"The sweet and sour tofu."

"Oh. Exotic."

The waitress came back and took your orders. While waiting you talked about your interests and other small things. When your food came you were excited. Who doesn't love food? You and Gerard ate quietly, enjoying the sounds of the restaurant and the view you had of each other. When you were done you split the check.

You walked out of the restaurant and stood outside of the entrance. Gerard looked at you and smiled. "I had a good time tonight y/n. I want to go out with you again. Let's figure out a day." He said to you.

"Sounds good. I'll text you and you'll come for coffee tomorrow right?" You responded.

"You know it." Gerard winked at you and turned away. You watched as his red hair bobbed away and eventually you did too. You decided to go to Ithaca's apartment and tell her about your night.

When you reached Ithaca's apartment she opened the door and pulled you inside. "So how did it go?" She asked you.

You scratched the back of your neck and smiled sheepishly. "Great." You responded simply.

"What happened to your head?" Ithaca asked as she got you a bag of ice.

"Oh. I fell while cleaning. I'm okay though."

"Okay. I just wanted to make sure you didn't get into a fight or anything. So, are we going to ComicCon this year?"

"Oh um. Gerard asked me if I wanted to go with him. Ithaca's face darkened.

"But I'm sure you can come too."

"Oh. If you don't want me to come I won't."

"No. I do. We can all dress up together. It will be great." You replied and winked at her.

Her eyes brightened "Okay!"

"Hey Ithaca. I think I'm gonna crash at your place. I'm too tired to go home, and I have some clothes here."

"Okay. Enjoy the couch."

You laughed and lay down on the couch, welcoming the visions from the day that kept rushing into your head.