restore

You and Gerard walked into the hospital together. He held your hand as you began to rethink the terrible dream. The ravens, tearing at you. They were taking you apart, piece by piece. The desperation in Gerard's eyes. The betrayal.

You tried to clear your mind, but all you could think about was Gerard leaving you. Abandoning you, and leaving you in a world you couldn't take on alone. Throwing you to the wolves of the world, as they dug into your flesh, destroying you. You shuttered, you couldn't let the wolves devour you.

You arrived at Mikey's room and knocked quietly. He welcomed you in and smiled at you. You both sat in chairs next to him and he leaned over the bed to look at you. "Hey y/n. How are you and Gerard?"

"We're okay Mikey, how are you feeling?"

"Better! I've been healing and some of the things I've forgotten have come back. It's funny, I'll look at something random, and then remember things."

"Like things that trigger memories?"

"Pretty much."

You looked at Gerard's sad eyes. His head was hung and his body was slouched. "Hey Gee, can you think of anything to help Mikey remember you?" You asked him hopefully.

"Give me a second."

You sat there patiently, playing with Mikey's fluffy blonde hair as you waited. Eventually Gerard looked at Mikey and began to sing. His voice was hoarse, but beautiful at the same time. It was soothing and powerful. You could tell Gerard was expressing something old, something that was a memory. "Long ago, Just like the hearse, you die to get in again." Mikey's eyes widened.

"We are so far from you." He looked at Gerard straight in the eyes.

"Burning on just like a match you strike to incinerate." Mikey looked like he was struggling to figure out what was happening.

"The lives of everyone you know. And what's the worst you take. From every heart you break. And like the blade you stain. Well, I've been holding on tonight." Mikey's eyes began to focus, you could see the fog clearing in his head.

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay. So long and goodnight." Mikey opened his mouth ready to sing.

"So long and goodnight." Both of the brothers said at the same time.

Gerard looked at his brother. His eyes were cloudy from the memories that came back to him. He looked vulnerable, unsure of what was going to happen. Mikey looked at Gerard and said, "Grandma Elena? Remember when she uses to sing us to sleep? "

Gerard smiled and started to cry. His true emotions finally slipping through. His fears, his pain, his depression, and his anxiety all were washed away in his tears. He hugged Mikey tightly and Mikey whispered, "You're the best older brother ever."

They both stood crying, their tears clearing their minds. Eventually Gerard pulled away and pulled you into his chest. "Thank you for being so strong for me. Faith saved us. It pulled us into it's welcoming embrace and protected us. And without you I would have given up. I wouldn't have tried. I would have stopped, and let my fears consume me." He leaned down and kissed you.

Your other kisses had been amazing. You had shown your love with those kisses, but this one was different. He put everything into this kiss, his fears, his love, his heart, his faith. He trusted you, he was thankful for you.

Mikey laughed and called out your name. "Hey y/n don't kill Gee over there, I just remembered who he was."

"Don't worry, I'm not planning on it."
You responded.

Gerard looked at you and said, "I'm tired, I haven't slept well since Mikey has been in the hospital. Let's go sleep and we'll visit Mikey again soon."

"Okay." You replied simply. You both hugged Mikey and said goodbye.

When you got to the apartment Gerard instantly fell asleep so you decided to call Frank. You dialed his number and he picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?" Frank questioned.

"Hey Frankie!" You responded.

"What's up? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, Mikey finally remembered Gerard as his brother."

"..........."

"Frank are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just glad Gerard will feel better soon. I've been getting kind of lonely."

"Well Frankenstein, I think you need a girlfriend."

"Uhhh... No-no I don't."

"Fraaaaannnnkkkk."

"Okay, maybe you're right."

"Well, I'm going to sleep cause I'm exhausted."

"Okay, I'll talk to you later."

"Bye."

"Bye."

You climbed into the bed next to Gerard and snuggled into his chest. He pulled you in and kissed your nose. He buried his face in the crook of your neck. You were calm. Gerard was calm, and that's all you needed.

That night, was your first night in a week and a half that you didn't have a nightmare. In fact, you didn't have a dream at all. You just slept.