hope

You woke up with Gerard's warm arms around you. You couldn't sleep, and if you did you always had nightmares. It had been a week since Mikey's accident and he has been recovering well. He still couldn't figure out you and Gerard, but he was recovering lost memories. You had stayed in Gerard's apartment all week, fearing he would hurt himself if he was alone. He took off of work for 2 weeks and you had to spend your only vacation month to stay with him. Frank had visited a few times, but he had to leave for work soon after coming. Gerard was sluggish and he didn't put a lot of effort into anything.

You shuffled out of Gerard's arms and went into the kitchen to make some coffee. You sat on the couch in silence rethinking the last week. You thought about Mikey, lying in the hospital wondering who "that red hair guy" was. Mikey needed to remember Gerard, or Gerard would never get better. You sighed softly, and trying to clear your mind from all of the bad images. You got up and decided to go shower and visit Ithaca at the coffee shop.

You tiptoed into the bedroom and crawled over to the suitcase you had brought to Gerard's apartment. You grabbed an old band tee shirt and some ripped jeans. You took a quick shower, which always helped you clear your head. You grabbed a bag and wrote a note for Gerard and left it on the nightstand.

You opened the door to the coffee shop and waved to Ithaca. "Hey!" She exclaimed. "I'll be there in a second."
You sat down in a small booth and Ithaca joined you a moment later. She handed you a cup of herbal tea and a black coffee for Gerard. "So how's Gerard?" She asked you.

"Okay, he's really tired, and kind of depressed, but he's okay."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"I am too, I just really want Mikey to remember him, there's no way he'll get over it."

"Has he gone back to work yet?"

"No. But I'll have to go back next week."

"Oh."

"I don't want to leave him alone, I'm scared he'll drive himself insane."

"What about Frank?"

"I love Frank to death, but I don't think he wants to or has time to watch Gerard."

"What are you going to do?"

"Have faith that Mikey finally remembers him."

"That's it?"

"That's all I can do."

"I guess."

"Well I'm going to go, Gerard's coffee is going to get cold."

"Okay, I'll see you around."

"See you." You said as you got up and hugged Ithaca. She winked at you and went back to the coffee bar. You got up and walked out the coffee shop doors. You looked around the city as you walked to the apartment. People with children that seemed so happy, homeless people with problems much worse than yours. People in a hurry, heading somewhere important. And there was you, holding a black coffee, going to your grieving boyfriend's apartment, not really sure what you were going to do in life.

You unlocked the apartment door and saw Gerard sitting on the couch watching TV. He had a sketchbook in his hand and you saw a simple drawing of Frank. "Hey Gee! How did you sleep?" You said handing him his coffee.

"Fine." He muttered.

"I like the drawing of Frank you did." You said motioning to the sketchbook.

"Oh. Thanks. Can we visit Mikey today?"

"Of course, Gerard."

"Thanks." He said while patting the seat next to him, beckoning you to sit down next to him. You walked over and leaned on his shoulder. He pulled you into his chest and you snugged into his as he played with your hair. You smiled to yourself and hugged Gerard tighter. You closed your eyes and drifted off to a calm sleep.

*dream*

You were standing in the hospital room with Mikey. Instead of him wearing a hospital gowns or bandages he was wearing his normal outfit and he had stunning raven wings growing out of his back. He looked at you and said, "Where's Gerard?"

You smiled, Mikey finally remembered, "I'm not sure, I can find him if you want."

"Please?"

Gerard walked into the room his red hair was so firey it hurt to look at. "Hey Mikey!"

"Hello man who's marrying my sister." You heart stopped beating and your blood ran cold. "....Sister?" You whispered.

"Of course you're my sister."

"No, I'm not." You said as you felt yourself fall backwards. Ravens flew out from around you as you fell. They clawed at your back and pecked at your face, covering you bleeding wounds. You fell to the ground bleeding and you saw Gerard. He was crying and shaking and he looked up to you. "How could you do this to me?" He said. You tried to speak, but your voice wouldn't work. You sat screaming as the ravens tore you apart.

*end of dream*

You woke up in a violent action. Gerard woke up next to you. "Are you okay?" He asked you.

"Just a nightmare." You responded.

"Ready to go see Mikey?"

"Yeah." You said, even though you were scared. What if your dream came true?