Prologue - 20 BBY

The planet Fest was freezing cold and quiet. Snow constantly fell from the ice planet's atmosphere and covered it from pole to pole. Usually the bustling city life in the valley echoed through the mountain ranges, but at night, everything was peaceful. The city of Ralock's only sounds were people hanging out in bars and vehicles flying home.

Little six year old Cassian Andor huddled in his oversized blue coat as he lay on the snow. His mid-length brown hair whipped around against the howling winds. Chills ran down his frail body, and he wished to be inside his warm home. His parents tried to drill the idea of rebellion into his brain, but he didn't quite understand. The city was safe. No one was harmed. After much arguing, his parents always said he would come to find out what that meant on his own. He shuddered against the cold and his dark eyes focused on his mother.

Xyrias Andor peered through macrobinoculars. Her raven black hair was pulled up into a high ponytail to keep her hair from getting in her green eyes. She lay in the snow in her dark brown outfit, which was covered in snow flakes. She hadn't moved a muscle since they got there. She must've been freezing, but she showed no signs of it.

Cassian's father, Kylath Andor, patted Cassian on the back softly. He sent his son a comforting smile, one that made Cassian return the gesture happily. This was Cassian's first real act in a rebellion. From throwing cans and bottles at Clone troopers, to infiltrating a facility to blow it up. Kylath couldn't express how proud he was. He adjusted himself and his black uniform in the freezing snow. The wind hit his bald head and made it feel as if it were frozen. His brown eyes wandered over to the facility, then back at his wife.

They had been monitoring the Galactic Republic's military assembly plant for quite some time, yet no one knew what was actually being produced there. Now was the right moment to execute the plan.

The plan to make the Republic military leave the planet once and for all.

A Confederacy of Independent Systems (CIS) research center had popped up within the first few days of the Clone Wars. The purpose was to make the phrik supermetal to aid the rebels fighting for equality. Cassian's parents were part of the few who stood up against the Republic, but no one expected special forces. The facility ended in a bloodbath. Every scientist and worker taken out in mere minutes. The Omega Squad raided and destroyed the facility ten months into the war. 

If they could do that, then with some planning, the rebels could overcome this Republic facility. Many of the military droids had been pulled to different planets across the star system by General Grievous, leaving many of the smaller planets defenseless.

They had no help now from the CIS.

Xyrias motioned to her family and the other Ralock rebels. She set down the macrobinoculars and nodded in the direction of the facility. "There doesn't seem to be a patrol. It must be too cold out here for the clones."

Someone spoke up from the far end of the line of rebels, "So what do we do now?"

Kylath looked over at him and held up a bomb. "Stick with the plan. We'll split up." He stood up and held his small blaster pistol with his free hand. He handed the bomb to Cassian and his eyes flickered amongst the other rebels. His deep voice rang in their ears, "Make ten men feel like a hundred."

Cassian stared at the little flat bomb in his hand as he got up from the cold, compacted snow. Everyone stood up around him and started to split up into groups. Xyrias took the lead, while Kylath walked side-by-side with Cassian. One group of four headed to the back of the facility, while the other group followed behind Cassian's family.

Cassian stared up at the tall, dark facility that loomed overhead. Against the black, cloudy sky, the facility blended in with the mountains. The cold atmosphere seemed to disappear the closer they got. Heat radiated off of the building like a ready to use cooker. He held on to his small blaster pistol carefully as they approached the doors.