↣ Chapter 6

Today is the day.

The day I've dreaded the whole sleepless night. I can't stop thinking about it, it's racing around my head like a motorcycle.

Jayden moves from the sofa across the room, his handsome sleeping figure looks so peaceful in sleep and it makes my heart beat faster.

After I regretfully accepted to take off to the castle with him this morning, my parents tried to argue for me to stay but Jayden was having none of it.

After a few more hours of arguing, slamming doors, tears and sighing they all left for bed. Except Jayden who refused to be in a separate room from Melody.

So he ended up of the sofa bed, after an argument over him sleeping in the bed.

I know we are leaving in a few hours and I have to say goodbye to everyone and pack too. But I can't, it would make this into reality.

Reality is complicated and sometimes completely and utterly wrong. But dreams are what I want, my dream was to study and become a pack doctor eventually.

I was about to start going to classes and having some experience with the Lead Pack Doctor in the Academy. And I couldn't wait.

But reality soon came knocking at my door with a pretty big package. That package was Jayden, and his power, wealth and even a freakin' castle!

I have always been a dreamer, but a realistic dreamer. After finally putting my mate behind me along with the reality that deep down I knew everyday that I must have one.

I shake my thoughts out of my head and focus on seeing everyone before I leave. I lean over and grab my phone from my bedside table.

I glance at my unread messages and curse loudly, Jayden voices out of bed growling around the room. His dark slightly sleepy eyes wander around the room until they land on me.

"You alright?" He asks walking over and sitting on the edge of my bed. I watch his every move and my thoughts become inappropriate as I stare at his bare chest.

"Um...yes I'm o-okay." I say taking a deep breath "but I forgot some really serious things, firstly yesterday my brother was meant to be crowned Alpha but the royals showed up and it had to be postponed, I haven't even asked how he feels about that. He is my brother!"

"I'm sorry." Jayden says putting a hand on my arm comfortingly "Why don't you go see him right now?"

I try not to focus on the tingles coursing up my arm as I decide to nod in reply because I don't trust my voice.

"Was there anything else?" He asks looking directly into my eyes now, his ocean pools glow with the morning sun.

Should I tell him the second reason?

The second reason is Oli, I look down at the 3 messages he sent me.