↣ Chapter 7

His eyes are full of anger but the scary part of they aren't looking at me. They are glaring at a very frightened looking Oli.

Oli's hands squeezes mine and I try not to wince at the pain he is causing them. I let go of his hands immediately as Jayden's hardened eyes linger at them before returning to Oli.

I stand up abruptly and his eyes snap to mine. I stare into his eyes trying to not show any fear, he growls lowly and wraps his arms tightly around my waist.

I let out a long sigh but don't make a move to get out of his old in fear of him attacking Oli who has decided to stand up and glare at Jayden.

Even though Jayden is a good head taller than Oli and much more bulkier. Oli didn't seem to care, but that all changed when Jayden snarled.

His snarl made the walls around us shake and I physically had to grip his t-shirt tightly to stop myself from falling.

The ferocity and Alpha in his snarl made everyone in the room stop what their doing and bow while showing their necks in submission. Even me.

He glances down at me and his hand comes up to lift my chin so his eyes are in line with my own.

"You don't have to do that anymore love." He says softly stroking my cheek "You're my equal now."

I shake my head and look away from his intense eyes. Oli gives me a scared look before a short smile took his face then he hurriedly walks away.

Everyone turns away with one glare from Jayden, who is now holding me so tightly it's stopping me from breathing properly.

"Jayden," I rasp out trying to push him away, keyword: trying. His arms just encircled around me even tighter and he growls darkly. "Your suffocating me."

He instantly loosens his grip so I can step back slightly, but his super muscular arms don't give up on their hold.

"Melody." My mom's calming voice fills my ears and I instantly relax, I look to my left as she waltz over to us. Jayden doesn't move but his eyes are now on me, I can feel them burning into my head.

I don't look up and instead watch my moms silent footsteps get closer and closer. When she finally reaches us it feels like I'm 6 years older.

"Sweetie." she greets me before turning her eyes up to Jayden "Alpha."

My mom bows her head respectfully at Jayden who bows back. He stays silent but doesn't stare at me anymore, which is thankfully less nerve racking.

"Would you two care for some brunch? We're serving it in the dining room in 5 minutes. So chop chop, fill up your stomachs before you leave!" My mom says cheerfully before bouncing off.

I let out a laugh at her happy bouncing walk, she looks so weird.

"Melody." His voice is husky and deep making my heart beat faster, what is he doing to me? "Are you hungry?"

I nod and forcefully remove myself from his arms, he gives me a short annoyed growl but I just roll my eyes.

"I'm going to have food and say goodbye to the people I love." I grit out before flicking my hair behind me as I stalk away from him.