↣ Chapter 24

Days have started to sow into weeks by now, I lost count after day 5. I have slowly started to quiet down, I no longer have the strength to fight back or try to escape.

I'm constantly tired now.

Since I arrived I have had 4 more healing tests which were all cutting my skin with a scalpel. One on my leg, one on my foot, one on my back and one on my neck.

They will scar because they use silver.

I've also had a 'fitness test' where they put me on a treadmill. They monitored my heart rate and every so often they would increase the speed until eventually I was sent flying backwards. The bruises have yet to fade from my back and waist.

Most of my time here has been spent in my cell, waiting. Just waiting. I watch as the other wolves are dragged back and forth each looking as dull and damaged as the last.

There was a newbie  yesterday. He has one hell of a temper on him and, of course, he is in the cell right opposite me. His shouts keep me awake all night but it not like I could sleep anyway.

The scientists haven't been down to collect anyone yet, which is weird. Every morning is the same. A loud annoying bell rings making us all wake up and not long after the scientists come down to collect the day's victim.

The bell rang ages ago but someone has yet to come down here yet. That's odd...

We are all silent in pieces and I know we are all doing the same thing, waiting. Waiting for the bad.

The lights in the cells are very dim so I can't so I can't see most of the other wolves but the fright is apparent in the air.

I can smell their anxiety and I can feel the fear rolling around in the air. I do not fear what they are planning or what they are going to do to me.

I fear that Jayden is going to get himself killed by trying to save me.

I have attempted to mind link him since I thought it was possible because we aren't near wolfbane. Unfortunately it didn't happen, I found out that the scientists are injecting us with some sort of mind blocking serum.

My wolf is depressed and stays in the. back of my mind. She is slowly weakening from being apart from her mate.

It doesn't help that we were taken a day after fully mating with Jayden. It feels like we are incomplete. We haven't had the chance to be happy together or tell the pack about our mating.

We haven't even got our Luna and Alpha positions together yet.

I sit up when I hear the cell door opening from the staircase above. I let a growl slip from my mouth as footsteps descend the long staircase.

The male wolf opposite me stands next to the cell barred entrance, his canines are poking out from his lips and his claws have fully extended.

I quickly spring to my feet, what the hell does he think he is doing!? I walk over to the barred wall of my cell and snarl at him.

He looks over to me and growls back. I am startled at first but I realise, he doesn't know me yet but I am fully mated to a royal which makes me royal.