↣ Chapter 27

Jayden POV:

I gently brush my finger along Melody's pale skin. Her cheeks are tender and ghostly but they are still warm.

I watch as she breathes in shallowly on the hard cold cell floor. Anger sparks inside me as I watch her injured figure attempting to find enough strength to breathe properly.

This place is horrible, I've had to watch my mate be dragged away by some men and silently watch on the side lines.

I gently squeeze her soft hand before pulling away from her. I quickly walk to the front of my cell and look over at Eric.

As soon as he sees my stare he stands up and bows. I nod to him before speaking.

"It's time."

***

Melody's POV:

"Ahh!" I wake up screaming in fright when a large bang blows through my ear drums. I wince as I pull at the still fresh wounds.

Damn it!

I look up and gasp, Jayden is gone but how can Jayden be gone!?

I quickly get to my feet and rush to the bars dang separated us. Nothing in the cell at all and the door is laying wide open for everyone to see.

The guards never do that...

I look around but jump once again when another large crash comes from somewhere. Screams follow with more bangs. Shit where is Jayden!?

I feel a tear fall down my cheek unwillingly. What if he is hurt? Where the hell is he!?

With every loud bang I take a step towards the front of my cell, I'm curious and I know 'curiosity killed the cat' but I don't care.

Suddenly, as I'm about to reach the front of my cell, the large metal entrance door to the cells swings open.

I gasp when I see Jayden staying there at the top of the stairs with Asher and Eric in tow.

More tears fall freely from my eyes in happiness. Jayden is ok.

Hold it a second!

What the hell is going on!?

"Jay!" I shout leaning into the bars as if I could squeeze through them somehow.

"Melody! Thank god you're okay." He states coming to the front of my cell. I watch as he takes a chain full of keys out of his pocket.

"Luna." Asher greets as Jayden attempts to find the right key. I see his fingers fumbling over the keys reign to be quick. I knew how he felt.

I was agitated to see him, touch him, hold him.

I leant out and grabbed his fumbling hands in my own. He looked up at me and let out a long relieved sigh. I nodded at him with a smile before taking my hands away.

I turn my eyes away from Jayden's as he continues with the keys. I look at Asher again and smile happily at him.

"Asher, it's been too long." I say with a sigh, I reach out and squeeze his hand. "Thank you."