↣ Chapter 14

Bliss. Absolute Bliss. That's what I'm feeling. In the arms of my over-the-moon mate after finally accepting him.

The wave of ecstatic happiness rolls of Jayden as he curls me deep into him. He is staring down at me while playing with a strand of my hair.

I wonder what's going through his head at this very moment. I know that in my head I have thoughts of our future, I can't help them following through my brain. I know he's happy but does he have any doubts?

I know this is the outcome he has wanted. I am glad I have given him that but I'm still not 100 percent with everything. I'm not ready for everything, is still a lot to handle.

Luna Queen. Mating. Pups. A whole Pack. A Mate to care for and care for me.

"Jayden." I break the relaxing silence that had wrapped around us, as if we were in a bubble. I wriggle my body so I lay on my side against him, he moves his head slightly so he is looking into my eyes.

His hand comes back up to stroke another strand of hair away from my face. He hums in reply as he moves his hand to intertwine mine in his.

"I know I've accepted you-" his smile grows impossibly bigger "-but I'm not completely comfortable with the whole Queen Luna thing. I don't think I'm ready for all that yet. Or mating."

I hold my breath as I wait for his reply, but instead of getting upset or angry he grins at me and pecks my lips softly. I enjoy the electric jolt that bursts from his lips.

"I understand completely love." He says caressing my cheek before placing a kiss on the soft kiss "It's a lot to take on, but don't worry about it too much. My mom will teach you everything."

I smile and lift my head up to brush my lips against his, he squeezes my waist and moves us so we are sitting up.

"Can we go for a run?" I ask thinking of the fresh air and the impossible clear sky outside, the storm season has finally decided to take its break from tormenting us.

"Uh love, you've already been on a run." He says raising his eyebrow up at me, I look up and sheepishly smile at him remembering I had run away not even an hour ago.

"I really want to go out plus this time you can come along." I say standing up and making my way to the door. My hand grips the cold doorknob but before I can open it Jayden is in front of me.

"How do I know you won't run again?" He asks, his face pulled into a serious frown one I often see him wear whilst dealing with business in the pack.

"I promise." I say holding up my pinkie finger. Since this morning my mood has skyrocketed dramatically, I feel like singing and dancing around the room. I feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

He grins and wraps his larger pinkie around mine. "Fine, but stay with me." He adds giving me a serious look. I nod frantically and leap out the door pulling him along.

It doesn't take us long to get outside even after saying hello to a few pack members. The breeze has turned cold and clouds have once again started to set over the sun.

Damn.

I look at Jayden with sad eyes as I glance back up at the darkening sky. He tilts his head up then turns back to me, "it's fine love. We'll make it a quite run."