Chapter 6

I groaned as I tried to add the finishing touches to my project. It is currently past midnight and is a weekday yet here I am.

Unable to sleep with the thought of this project unfinished.

Then, my phone vibrated. I rolled my eyes as I read Van's message.

"Babe, Good night."

Van is actually a cute, hot one; though, I'm annoyed with him for texting me in the middle in the night. After a couple of minutes, I decided that I'm done so I kept all my things then I jumped on my bed and eventually fell asleep no sooner than 5 minutes.

I woke up to the sound of bells ringing. My loud alarm clock that my brother had given seemed to be indestructible because this is the millionth time I slapped it to shut up.

"Good morning, beautiful."

I checked my phone so see Van messaged me. I quickly replied "Good morning." And prepared for school.

Today was one of the days when I feel like at home so I wore a hoodie and some leggings, of course with my converse.

I went out of my room with my bag on my back and went down to see Flora laughing with Van.

"Good morning, dear." Flora said and smiled at me.

"Good morning, Flora, Van." I said and sat beside Van at the counter.

"Morning, babe." Van said and winked at me.

It wasn't unusual for him to be here at this time of the day.

For the past few days, he comes straight to my house then we'd go to school together.

A rumor about me and him dating broke out and this idiot(not) didn't deny it but I did so we were like "the" couple.

"Thanks for the delicious food, Flora." Van said as we get up to leave.

"Thanks, Flora! I'll head out now." I said and waved at her. She replied with "Okay, have fun!"

Van opened his car door for me so I quickly got in. The engine roared to life as he started to drive going to school.

"Hey, do you have plans today?" Van asked. It had become a routine that he asks me about my plans every morning. Annoying but nothing much; His care makes my heart flutter.

I think for a moment, "hm, I actually have to stay at school for a meeting." I said and mentally groaned at the thought. I was elected to be one of the facilitators of a school activity and it really is not my thing.

"What time will you go home?" He asked and eyed me.

"Eyes on the road please." I said and glared at him a little. "Maybe at 5 or 6." I added and shrugged.

"Damn. I have to accompany my younger cousin at that time." He said and contemplated.

I smiled at him, "You don't need to drive me home." I said and pat his shoulder.

"No! I need you to be safe!" He barked. I was taken back for a moment.

I laughed at his sudden outburst. "I can take care of myself very much. Or I can ask my family's driver to fetch me." I assured him and rolled my eyes.