Chapter 9

A week had passed since Van hadn't been to school. He was out for family business purposes, based on what I heard.

He would call me whenever he can and tell me to keep away from boys and to take care.

He was possessive even if he wasn't here.

"Hey, Lauren!" Daniel greeted as I greeted him back.

I had explained to him what had happened with Van the last time and he understand so we actually got closer.

Van had warned me to keep away but Daniel is a total sweetheart who is in love with a girl from my class, Melissa. Daniel gets flustered when he is around girls, he was with me but not anymore though, moreover,  he and Melissa acts so close that I think they are really cute together.

Melissa is a nerdy type maybe like me but she wears glasses. She's very cute and she actually is Daniel's childhood friend. She is also in my classes and is a very timid, adorable girl.

I would help them with each other and all.

They're just so cute together.

"Melissa!" I called as I spotted Melissa walking with a book in hand.

She smiled at me and sat beside me. "Hey." She said and looked at me then at Daniel who she kissed. On the cheek.

It was normal for them to do that and I can't help but squeal at their actions.

They looked at me weirdly as Daniel rolled his eyes while Melissa chuckled, her cheeks were tinted pink so I could see she was shy.

Suddenly, I felt arms wrapping my waist and a small kiss on my head.

I turned around to see Van grinning slyly at me.

"We're going first." Melissa said as she smiled and winked at me before walking away with Daniel.

For once, I wanted to not be left alone. Especially with this jerk.

"Hey babe." Van said as he turned me around to face him. He looked down at me with his boyish smirks.

"Hey, idiot." I said and smiled at him.

Then I noticed his outfit. He looks so fine with his long sleeved shirt and slim straight jeans. Mmm, the muscles.

I snapped out of my dirty thoughts and pretended I had not think of him.

He actually ignored what I said as he pulled me to get to class.

"Oh, yeah. We are going somewhere later." He said and smiled at me as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

I sat down and put my bag down. "Okay." I replied briefly.

I ignored him for a minute, waiting for the teacher to arrive.

I heard him puff a little before grabbing my hand and intertwining it with his.

Butterflies.

I swear I felt butterflies.

_____________

"So, where are we supposed to be heading?" I asked and slipped inside his car.

"You'll see, sweetheart." He said and grinned at me.

He started driving with one hand on the steering wheel and the other well, holding my heart (just kidding! Im quoting Taylor Swift. Don't mind.)  holding my hand.

A moment of silence filled us so I cleared my throat. "So, where have you been, mr?" I asked  and raised a brow.

"At my Nana's helping my dad with business sh!t." He said. I chuckled softly as he said 'Nana'. Though he made my heart feel warm with how he calls his grandmother.