Chapter 8

Laying down on my bed watching movies was the most productive thing to do in my day.

It was currently a weekend and I have no plans so I guess laying down and watching movies is cool. It's what I did the whole day.

I had also finish all the needed tasks to be done for school.

I was actually watching Dirty Grandpa, the movie is simply funny yet kind of perverted. Plainly interesting.

"In comes the most handsome person you know!" A loud booming voice said before my door opened loudly.

"Hi, Gabriel." I said and rolled my eyes at him. Entirely ignoring him and focusing on the movie.

He plopped down beside me on my couch as he childishly grabbed the pillow I was hugging.

"Go run the business, you bachelor freak!" I exclaimed in a joking. I chuckled for a second, "I missed you." I added as I hugged my 24-year-old childish big brother.

"I missed you too, plum." He said as he hugged me back. His long muscled arm wrapping around my back.

He had always been my knight-in-shining-armor since he protects me from danger. I was a very clumsy child and maybe I still am today, nonetheless he always comes to my rescue.

He would read me bed time stories and cuddle with me until I sleep. I would run to him when I have nightmares or problems.

But, with him helping our father, his schedule turned out to be more hectic. We had not hang out for like months.

"Hey, aren't you busy?" I asked as I moved away from him. He was currently playing with my hair.

He clicked his tongue, "Nah, I already had finished everything for today. Since we had not hang out for months, I decided to spend time with my little sister." He said and my eyes widened.

"Yay!" I mentally exclaimed. "Then, what are your plans, oh-so-sweet-old-brother?" I asked.

"I'm not that old, plum." He said and rolled his eyes. "Well, let's go to your favorite restaurant. The one with lots of seafoods." He said and stood up.

He fixed his now wrinkled button down shirt and jeans. He actually is wearing casual, it looks unusual since he usually wears expensive suits.

"Let me change!" I said and ran to my walk-in closet to change in a baby blue floral dress with some flats.

I grabbed my phone and wallet just in case and went out of my room.

I spotted my brother typing in his phone so I approached him. "Let's go!" I exclaimed. He looked up at me and rolled his eyes.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders as we walked outside.

"In you go, my little lady." He said as he opened his car door for me. A 2014 black mustang. The car he usually drives when he goes around the city.

"How's business?" I asked as soon as he pulled out of the garage and into the road.

"Same old, but we plan to expand the main building and make another branch of mom's restaurant. Dad also said to invest on a toy company." He said, his tone blunt and monotonous, the way he talks to his employees.

I nodded my head, "Well, that's good. But, Expanding it means? I mean why?" I asked and stared at him.

It took him a little while before taking a sharp breath while smiling at me reassuringly. "There would be more employees since we not only deciding to expand the main building but our business itself." He explained but, for a little while, I think there was more to it but I brushed it off.