CHAPTER ONE

1909

1909

"THANK YOU FOR THE chocolate milk, Miss. Scamander." Camaria placed her cup down on the table. She looked around the kitchen and found certain objects moving on their own.

"Darling, please call me Amelia." The women smiled kindly.

"Sorry, Amelia. Can I call you Mia for short? I like giving nicknames." Camaria grinned.

"Of course. Now you say Artemis sent you here?"

"Yes, something about wanting me to have a better life and yanno. She tells me that she trusted you a lot with me, and that means a lot because Auntie Arty doesn't trust a lot of people."

"You're a very smart girl, Camaria. And we know each other from a long, long time ago."

"Oh, I see." Camaria looks out the window and watches the sun in the sky, a small smile falling on her lips.

"My daddy does that with Helios. Brings the sun up every morning." Her smile begins to turn into a frown at the thought of her father. Oh head be furious that she left, even worse when he finds out his own sister helped.

"Camaria, would you like to meet my sons?" Amelia tries to break the nine year old from her trance.

"Yes please!"

Amelia leads the young girl into the living room. Camaria notices two copper haired boys sat on the carpet. One boy, who seemed at least two years older than her, was playing with miniature soldiers and pretending to fight with them. With another boy, who seemed around her own age, was reading a book.

"Boys." Amelia placed both her hands on Camaria's shoulders. The two boys stop what they're doing and look at their mother.

"This is Camaria and she will be staying with us for a while. I expect both of you to treat her well." Amelia announces to her sons.

Camaria shyly waved at the two boys. The one who was playing went back to what he was doing while the other one tried to pretend he was reading, but kept glancing at the young girl. Camaria decided to talk to the one reading since he sort of seemed more approachable than his brother.

"What's your name?" She takes a seat next to him. A notices how his face is littered with freckles and his green eyes were similar to her fathers, but lighter.

"Newton, but you can call me Newt." He replied shyly as he has never talked to anyone else besides his family in a long time.

"What are you reading, Newt?" Camaria looks over at his book, her eyes glazing the shiny cover but the letters were all jumbled up to her.

"It's called 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz'. Have you heard of it?" The freckled boy questioned.

"No, where I'm from my aunts and uncles tell me stories of their adventures."

"Oh... Well do you wanna read it?" Newt closed the book and offered it to her.

"I... I shouldn't. It's yours." Camaria lied. She wanted to read the book, but the words on the cover looked all jumbled up to her and she was scared something was wrong.

"Are you sure-"

"Newt leave her alone." The boy playing with the soldiers looked over at them.

Newt's lips turned into a thin line as Camaria glared at the older boy. "And who are you?"

"Theseus." The older boy replied plainly.

"I'm going to call you Sea, after my grandcousin." Camaria grinned.

"Who's your grandcousin?"

"Poseidon."

¤ ¤ ¤

Camaria was sat up in bed as she watched the moon in the sky. The first thing she thought about was Selene, the Goddess of the Moon. She's never met her before, but Camaria loved her work. She's always been fascinated by the moon, sun, and even dawn. Helios, Selene and Eos.

She began to think about what was happening on Olympus when she left. How her father reacted to find his daughter missing. But she was also wondering how Artemis was.

At times it seemed that Artemis was more of a parent than Apollo to her. She understood that he is her father and that she shouldn't even be thinking like that, but she does sometimes.

Camaria trains to be a solider almost everyday. Once the sun shines through her window she would be up, shooting arrows at a target or matching herbs together to make a potion. And that's not every nine year old's dream.

They want to play with their dolls, draw, play with their friends or something along those lines. And Camaria wanted that, and technically she has that now. Neverless what he father makes her do she loves him a lot.

There was a small knock on the door that pushed Camaria out of her thoughts. The knocks were followed by the door opening to revel Newt. "Hi- uh, mum just wanted me to check if you were getting to settled properly."

"I am, thank you." Camaria smiled lightly.

"Do you... do you need anything?" The copper haired boy looked at the floor as he spoke.

"No thanks."

There was a very awkward silence between the nine year olds. Camaria fiddled with her thumbs and looked out the window, as Newt kept his gaze on the ground.

Newt took it as a sign to leave and was halfway out of the door until he heard Camaria calling for him.

"Hey er- wait!" She jumped from her bed.

"Yeah?" He turned to face her, noticing how he's a few inches taller than her.

"Can you- maybe read me that book you were telling me about earlier?"

"Yeah, sure."

☆☆☆

I love this so much ugh, Scarlett Estevez is a perfect faceclaim for a child Camaria siwhwksn