CHAPTER FOURTEEN

SOMEHOW CAMARIA FOUND HERSELF walking down the streets of New York in between Jacob and Newt

SOMEHOW CAMARIA FOUND HERSELF walking down the streets of New York in between Jacob and Newt. Luckily she was able to snag one of the Goldstein's coats beforehand or else she'd be freezing her ass off.

For the most part the demigod kept quiet, looking at the scenery around her. Newt and Jacob did most of the talking, as Camaria would occasionally nod or smile small in response.

"People like you, don't they Mr. Kowalski?" Newt randomly asked after a silence fell over the trio.

"Oh well- I'm sure people like you too." Jacob smiled.

"Not really- no. I annoy people." Newt replied honestly. Camaria felt her heart clench at his honesty causing her to slip her hand into his.

"From what I remember, you were and still are, a complete delight." Camaria grinned, squeezing Newt's hand lightly and almost as if it was instinct, she rubbed her thumb against his knuckles. Her brown and hazel eyes looked into his blueish-green eyes for a moment, before Newt was the first one to look away.

Newt couldn't help but blush furiously. Never in his life did he feel his hand on fire until now. Plus he probably looked like a tomato at this point which didn't help. Camaria continued to smile reassuringly before giving his hand a final squeeze and then walked ahead of the men.

"Hey- Mr. Scamander, may I ask you somethin'?" Jacob asked as he glanced a the magizoologist and watched Camaria look through the store windows.

"Uh, sure." Newt cleared his throat, trying to keep his cool.

"How long have you known, Miss. Camaria?"

"Since we were little, she was my best friend."

"Was?"

"Uh-"

"Psst! Over here!" Camaria calls for them, her arms flailing around trying to their attention.

Jacob and Newt exchanged confused looks before quickly walking over. "What?" They said at the same time.

"Look." Camaria pointed at the jewelry window. She stepped back and watched Newt look at the creature inside with an incredulous look.

She began to laugh loudly when he broke the window and ran after the creature. Camaria tried to contain herself by covering her mouth, but it was too silly for the girl. She hasn't seen something so hilarious in so long. Jacob just smiled at her before looking around the area, making sure that no one else was around to witness this.