CHAPTER NINE

1926

1926

CAMARIA ROLLED OUT OF bed and didn't even bother to catch herself before she hit the ground. She groaned softly and laid on the floor, her hair plopped onto her face.

"What happened? I heard a loud noise from up here?" Artemis rushes into the room to find her niece on the floor, half awake.

"Nothing, Auntie Arty." Camaria murmured, pushing her messy hair out of her face as she slowly sat up.

"Rough sleep?" Artemis holds her hand out for Camaria, which she takes and is almost lifted off the ground and onto her feet.

"Had those strange dreams again." Camaria yawned, rubbing her eyes with one hand as she shakes her other. "You almost dislocated my arm again."

"Sorry, I forget that you're not used to my strength." Artemis chuckles quietly as she rubs the back of her neck, trying to hide away the guilt that was eating her up.

"It's okay Auntie." Camaria smiles sleepily. "What's for breakfast?"

"I'm not quite sure, I smelt something burning when I was on my way here."

"Auntie Aphrodite?"

"Yeah."

"I'll get the hose-"

After helping her aunt with breakfast, Camaria found herself in the woods. Her bow was rested in her hands as the arrows were placed in a pouch she made.

Her brown eyes were set on multiple targets around her. They all ranged in sizes and areas. But she was set on hitting them right in the middle. Every single one of them.

She felt different in the woods for some odd reason. As if this wasn't what she did from the moment she could hold a bow. Her head began to have a familiar pain, something that would happen randomly during the day.

Camaria dropped her bow as she fell onto her knees. This wasn't any normal headache, it was ten times worse. It felt like someone was stabbing her with different knives and someone was stepping on her head. She let out a low groan, trying to keep herself calm as the scenery around her began to changed.

Camaria held her luggage in one had and 'Alice in Wonderland' in the other. Her long brown hair was kept behind her ear and over her shoulders. Her eyes were trained on her small feet, trying not to cry.

The sun was on the verge of setting and she hated it. She hated how she didn't get a say in anything. How her father can simply boss her around as if she isn't her own person. How she'll have to leave Newt.