CHAPTER EIGHT

THIS IS GUNNA BE DEDICATED TO -bowtruckle BECAUSE SHE HELPED ME WITH THESE NEXT IDEAS AND SHE'S A LOVELY WOMEN WHO'S OBSESSED WITH BANANAS. CHECK HER OUT PLEASE :-)))

 CHECK HER OUT PLEASE :-)))

1918

"WHAT?!" CAMARIA SAT UP straighter, her brown eyes going wide.

"It was a mistake to even let you be here. You should've stayed with me, in Olympus. You would've been safer." Apollo walks around the room, his voice sharp and on edge.

"No, this isn't your fault. It might even be a genetic thing- do you even know if mom had this- this- lupus as well?" She tries to reason with her stubborn father.

"I do not know, but if you were with me we wouldn've known sooner. That's final, you are coming with me and I don't care about what you say." Apollo allowed his bright blue eyes bore into Camaria's brown ones, looking away when he saw tears in her eyes. This was for her own good.

"We are leaving when the sunsets."

He left the room with a stone cold look on his face, ignoring Doctor Adren and Newt when they were about to question him. Newt immediately entered the room and found Camaria's on the verge of tears.

He's never seen her so broken up about something. Whatever Apollo and her talked about, it affected Camaria a lot. Newt sat down next to her and carefully pulled her into a hug, allowing her to sob into his chest.

Newt held her close, trying to hide her away from the treacherous world with his arms. He rubbed her back carefully, humming a small tune as he pressed his lips into her hair. Newt would be lying if he didn't feel his heart beat out of his chest as he held Camaria in his arms.

He'd also be lying if he were to admit that he was beginning to feel things. Strange things, things he hasn't felt for someone in a long time. Since Leta. Things like holding her the way he was now, or simply holding her hand. Even dreaming about how her lips tasted.

It was a sin to Newt. To even think about doing such things with Camaria, his best friend. Someone he's seen grow up in his own eyes, but- he couldn't help himself.