Eleven

Young RDJ with glasses is my life support??

Also to anyone thinking about starting Sherlock. Don't. It's just pain.

"Look, I'll pay for your flight, just don't let me go to this dinner alone

"Look, I'll pay for your flight, just don't let me go to this dinner alone."Tony near enough begs, kicking his suitcase under his bed, shifting the boxes that have a home underneath his bed that Tony doesn't trust to be put into storage. He'd rather have his old blueprints and little gadgets under his bed where he knows that they are instead of some Stark Industries storage unit where he's sure Howard and Obi will steal his ideas.

As much as Howard sees his son as a failure - and really, it can't be seen as Tony's fault because the only reason he has the campus label of a manwhore is because he wants to rub it into Howard's face - he can't disagree with the fact that Tony is a genius. It would be said to be the only good thing about Tony from the eyes of Howard, that he has a brain in his head and ideas in his mind that blow Howard Starks ideas out of the ocean.

But Tony is stubborn, he doesn't want his ideas to be in the hands of people like Howard or his business partner Obi. He knows that whatever Tony has his ideas for, will be turned on its head and used for weapons, for manipulating technology that will sure be used to take over the world or some illogical shit like that.

It wouldn't be the first time that they've tried to take his ideas and it won't be the last either.

"As much as I want to be stuck in a hall filled with overweight billionaires with rods up their asses, I can't. I have work to be getting on with."Rhodey sighs on the other side of the phone, actually sounding sad that he is picking doing work over spending time with Tony. Of course, he wasn't the one to be drinking until he's picking into bushes but James Rhodes is no wuss and he can hold his fair share of drinks.

"For fuck sake, Rhodey. I told you I'd do your work for you!"

"Tony, as much as you think my professors are dimwitted, they know the difference between our work."He rolls his eyes, the tip of his pencil caught between his teeth.

"They should be grateful that they're even getting the opportunity to glance at my work."Tony mutters halfheartedly, picking up one of the prototype tablets that had been left abandoned on his clustered desk. He wouldn't go as far as saying that his bedroom is a mess, I mean yes it could go with a tidying up and maybe once in a while the maid could be allowed in to clean up, but Tony knows where everything is and it isn't dirty.

It's not as if he uses his bedroom often enough anyway, it was simply his own type of storage unit to keep his blueprints under his bed and prototypes stashed into boxes. Even when it comes to longer breaks, Tony doesn't spend time at home unless his Mother insists and even at that, it's for a short amount of time that he spends it with Jarvis more than his actual mom.