Twenty

Woo! Thank you so much for 1.4K votes! I actually love writing for this and having more and more people coming together and reading actually makes it all worthwhile!

Thank you to @Fuucktard for the confidence boost

Time skip! Ouch, that's a never a good thing...

"You actually are alive."

"Gosh, Ty, don't look so upset, people might actually think you don't care about me."Tony bypasses the blonde on his way into a lecture that he's been signed up to, something about Biomechanics that had sparked his interest after Bruce went on an hour long talk about it to him that night at Steve's. Tony could honestly have sat their for hours and listen to Bruce talk about paint drying and he wouldn't listened, more so that Bruce looks like the type of guy not to open up much and another so that Tony liked the intelligent company.

Plus, if Tony was to someday become a super villain, Bruce will totally be on his mind to ya,e over the world with.

"Always negative, Tony, why so always negative?"

"I don't know, maybe because I nearly died?"And god, that's ten scary thing to say out loud. Sure, Tony knows that he nearly died, god, he felt himself nearly dying, but it's different saying it in your head compared to saying it out loud. It makes everything feel so much more real.

"Don't normal people say that near death experiences bring out the positive side of them?"

"How about I push you in front of a moving bus and you can test that theory yourself, honey."Tony suggests, throwing a famous Tony Stark smile over his shoulder at the blonde, walking further away from the Blonde.

"Shrapnel poison hasn't damaged your ego, it seems."Tony freezes suddenly, lips parted momentarily at Ty's words, stomach is tight coils, but he removers quickly as Ty now moves into his line of vision, lean body towering over him, body blocking his path.

"Is that what the rumours are, shrapnel poison?"He laughs in disbelief, rolling his brown eyes as he tries to push past Ty's body, a voice at the back of his head telling him to ignore the words that are coming out of his mouth and to push on. Tony had learned long ago on how to school his expression, it wasn't going to flatter now.

"Rumours? Oh, no. The truth."Tiberius Stone casts his eyes down to the glowing blue of the Arc Reactor in Tony's chest, body so casually leaning in the door frame of the lecture hall that Tony is about to enter but his face so dark, so set and calm all rolled into once. Tony has to look up, stretch his neck a little, in that way that he has to do when talking to Steve but very different.

Because when he's talking to Steve, soft soft Steve, he's looking up with fondness and adoration and affection and curiosity, with his heart swelling in his chest and a smile on his face. But with Ty, it's so false, so fake, so forced that his neck aches and his shoulders quake and his smile flatters on every word and every second.