Twenty-Seven

Hello it looms like I'm back with my quickest Stitches update ever? And can y'all tell how hyped I currently am omg, I'm supposed to be updating a fic I haven't updated in MONTHS (aka The Run and Go to any of you that read something I write other than this) But ya know this gets way more love and appreciation ❤️

Tony Stark takes no ones shit. What a strong baby he is ❤️

"Tell me again why I'm always the one to talk to our patients?"Tony grumbles as he catches sight of himself in a passing glass, stopping only momentarily on their way to the ER department to fix up his appearance so that he can look slightly more ...

"Tell me again why I'm always the one to talk to our patients?"Tony grumbles as he catches sight of himself in a passing glass, stopping only momentarily on their way to the ER department to fix up his appearance so that he can look slightly more presentable than how he feels. Usually, if Tony is prepared and knows that he's going to make a visit to the Hospital, he follows the uniform code for out of hours doctors, smart but practical and sanitary, especially when he's sometimes working so close with patients in order to get measurements and the right feel for prosthetics.

Tony is on the field more often than he had expected to be, mostly because Tony had thought a simple measurement here and another one there would be enough of a feel that Tony needed to gather before zooming off to make the desired limb, but that hadn't been the case. It was so much more difficult working with human beings and human flesh in comparison of machines and robots that Tony is so use to working with, but Tony was able and he learned that it's not as bad as he expected.

Because really, Tony has never really had to work with others before, not until he came to work in the hospital, because Tony has always been someone who has been isolated to the comforts of a workshop or lab or a locked bedroom to work on his experiments and projects and little tidy-ups of things that aren't quite up to his standards. Meetings don't count and neither do Galas and outings because the only thing he's working on then is to be socially polite, and even that is a struggle.

But at the hospital, Tony is working with so many different types of people. He's with doctors, nurses, orderlies, students, cleaners, police officers, paramedics, patients, families, children, spouses, friends, neighbours. His job isn't just to build, designs fit, it's to talk to his patients and to their families, it's to engage them with what he's doing, to reassure and calm and it's so outside of Tony's comfort zone that the itch under his skin, the social anxiety of it all, never really seems to fade away, but only dulls at certain moments and pulses at others.

"Because you're a social butterfly and have a prettier face to give bad news with."Strange quirks,  pausing to watch as Tony fixes the glasses on the bridge of his nose, a quirky white frame that holds it glass, clip his name tag to the breast pocket of his long sleeved black shirt. The blue of the Arc reactors light is dimmed by the black out shirt he wears underneath, but it does nothing to hire it completely.

"Asshole."There's a glare in his eyes as he turns to look at Stephen, walking towards him once he has deemed himself presentable enough to meet with the patient. Tony is always one for first impressions, or second impressions of the first goes as one usually does when Tony is involved. A Stark Tablet is tucked under his armpit, slender and light and everything Tony needs, a separate tablet than the one for S.I related work and that of his personal tablet too.