Chapter 5.

Ryder groaned and rolled onto his stomach so that the could look at me.

"Do I have an option?" he asked me, hoping I would just drop the topic and forget about it.

"Nope," I replied and smiled at him.

"Ugh, fine," he said and lied back down on his back. He grabbed the small stuffed animal monkey that was sitting on my pillow and turned it around in his hands. "I can't believe you haven't lost this," he said, referring to the monkey he had won me when we had went to the annual fair at the pier last year.

I had told him that if he won me one of those huge stuffed animals that you could barely carry, he would be single by the end of the night.

Big stuffed animals just aren't my thing. I prefer the one's that you can actually hold and still see where you are going.

"Of course I haven't. Now stop trying to change the subject," I told him.

He sighed and put the monkey back. "Yesterday I told my parents about the trip we're going on. Then they started yelling at me about how much it would cost and how I always think they can just pay for everything I need or want. My dad hit me and since I wasn't going to fight my dad he got a good swing at me," he explained.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said and traced the side of his face with my fingers.

His bruise was barely visible by now. It had healed a lot during the day and you could barely see it.

He shook his head and smiled at me reassuringly. "It's fine." He took my hand that was by his face and brought it up to his lips, kissing my knuckles.

"So how are you going to get the money?" I asked him.

It would be sad if he couldn't go just because he didn't get along with his parents.

"Don't worry about it," he said and smiled at me. "I have a way."

I cocked and eyebrow and took my hand away from his, giving him a suspicious look.

"What do you mean by 'you have a way'?"

"I have some money saved up. It's all good," he promised.

"Ryder, don't spend all your money on something like this. You'r gonna need it later on in your life."

"Look, if I didn't have enough money, I wouldn't be going. But I do, so it's okay. Alright?" he said and pecked my lips.

I sighed but let it go.

There's was no way I could get anything else out of him anyway. He was almost as stubborn as me.

"So what do you wanna do?" he asked me.

I shrugged. "We could.... honestly, I have no idea."

I lay down next to him and my thoughts drifted to the trip. In 5 days we were leaving to go to separate countries for almost three weeks. I hoped they wouldn't suck as much as I thought they would.

"Who are you chaperones for the trip?" I asked Ryder as he pulled me on top of him so that I could rest my head on his chest.

He groaned. "One of our chaperones is Mr. Stevens. That's already enough to ruin the trip. The guy hates me."

I laughed at Ryder's misfortune.

Even though I felt bad for him, it was still pretty funny. The guy really did hate our guts.

"How are you doing?" he asked me, the humour gone in his voice.

"Well, it's finally the weekend, I'm with my wonderful boyfriend and the sun is shining so I couldn't be better," I replied.