Chapter 13.

I was chewing nervously on my fingernail as I waited to hear who would be going where.

I was a nervous wreck all over again. Even more now than before because I knew the universe had it in for me.

"We'll be going in alphabetical order. Kent Abbott, you're in group 1," Mr. Stevens said and pointed to a corner where his group was suppose to meet.

Kent picked up his bags and walked over to the spot.

"Zoe Allister, group 2."

Oh god. I was going to be next soon. What if I was completely left out again? It already surprised me at how events turned out and I ended up here. I'm sure the same thing wouldn't happen again if I did get separated.

"Kennedy Andrews, group 3."

I picked up my bags and Ryder gave my arm a light squeeze before walking to the spot where no one was standing yet.

My nerves started going crazy once people got called who's last name started with a 'C'. It wouldn't be long before Ryder was called.

I saw him glancing at me every few seconds, wanting to keep me calm but also have his attention on Mr. Stevens who was still calling names.

"Bradley Coden, group 2," Mr. Stevens voice rung through the air.

I held my breath, knowing that if Ryder's name didn't get called now, we'd be in different groups once again.

Mr. Stevens took out the next page and cleared his throat.

I stood there, seconds away from grabbing that list out of his hands and reading the names myself. Ryder caught my eye and sent me a soft, reassuring smile. I sent him half a smile back. Then, both of our attentions went back to Mr. Stevens.

"Ryder Cole."

I let out a relived breath when hearing his name. You could see Ryder relax when hearing his name, a small smile on his face.

"Group 3."

Ryder slung his backpack over his shoulder and picked up his back, giving Blake a fist-bump before walking over to me with a smile on his face.

I couldn't keep the smile off of my face either. I was so happy that I wouldn't have to stay somewhere all along once again.

"You don't know how glad I am that you're here," I said all in one breath as Ryder put his arm around my shoulders.

He smiled down at me and kissed the top of my head, telling me that he felt the same way.

__________________________

We got off the shuttle and stood in front of the hotel that we were staying in for the last night.

Surprisingly, both Isla and Blake got into our group, making all of us ecstatic. However, as a supervisor, we had Mr. Stevens.

After the groups had been divided, I got what system they used to choose who would go where.

In the first group were all the kids that had good grades, spotless records and no idea what fun really was. To put it in the typical high school way, they were 'The Nerds'. Basically the ones that could be "trusted" and didn't need to be kept under supervision 24/7.

Group 2: The somewhat manageable kids. Since there were only two teachers, the other teacher got the kids that were easier to control. They were less responsible than 'The Nerds' but still easy to keep in order.

And I'm guessing you already know what the third group was. My group.

Correct. All the misfits and uncontrollably unstable students. In other words, the worst of all of us. The ones who were known for breaking the rules. The ones who were wild. A few of us even had criminal records.